Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Will the doorbell still ring if battery is dead?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sgibbers17
Apprentice
Apprentice

If I have a mechanical chime and the batteries die in the doorbell will the mechnical chime still ring?  Or if the basestation goes down will the mechnical chime still ring?

Edit:

If the power from my transformer to the mechanical chime dies like my breaker for the doorbell trips will notifications from the doorbell still work assuming I still have internet and the basestation is still powered?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sgibbers17,

The doorbell needs batteries for operation. If the batteries are depleted or not in the doorbell, pressing the doorbell won't ring any existing mechanical or digital chime. If the doorbell is operating properly, then calls and push notifications will work even if existing mechanical or digital chimes are not working.

JamesC

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sgibbers17,

The doorbell needs batteries for operation. If the batteries are depleted or not in the doorbell, pressing the doorbell won't ring any existing mechanical or digital chime. If the doorbell is operating properly, then calls and push notifications will work even if existing mechanical or digital chimes are not working.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation