Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
doorbell_user_2
Tutor
Tutor

I am so unimpressed with Arlo Doorbell so far but being relentless, I will ask to avoid my user error. I have installed the Doorbell, paired it with my Arlo Pro 2. I have configured Doorbell motion sensor to trigger and record using Arlo Pro 2. What I am seeing that Doorbell's sensor is no longer being used, Arlo Pro 2 sensor is being used instead. Leaving uber significant delays (from button press to the time of the call on the iPhone) aside, I continue to be puzzled why motion sensor on the Doorbell then? I want Doorbell's motion sensor to trigger but I do not get this option. Arlo Support is hopeless, unfortunately, they are reading to me off a script (and not a very good one). I am about to return this garbage and start a search for another doorbell without a monthly fee (Skybell Trim Plus has the same problem 50% of button presses connect and/or connection taking sometimes 40+ seconds). 

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would delete the mode and try to redo... the motion on the doorbell SHOULD trigger the camera to record with a very slight delay.

If you used an app to set up, try it with the browser at https://arlo.netgear.com/

( the apps are a little wonky right now and I find Fire Fox on the web to set up easier )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've tried it both ways - both with a camera mode as well as the doorbell detection and with just the doorbell detection. I generally find that the camera detection will occur befor the doorbell so I get a recording/action due to the mode. Disabling the mode/rule and relying on the doorbell detection works but lacks a sensitivity setting. Try it both ways.

doorbell_user_2
Tutor
Tutor

Do you guys keep the system armed then? I created a special mode where all other cameras rely on motion-sensing (basically remain armed) but front (door) Arlo Pro 2 cam is not included in this mode/rule. That should isolate front Arlo Pro 2 motion sensor from triggering, I expect Arlo Doorbell motion sensor to trigger? Is this how you guys force system to use Arlo Doorbell sensor instead?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That should work and that's how I tested it myself. Lately, though, I seem to have an issue where the doorbell motion isn't triggering the camera if the email notifications are enabled. 

doorbell_user_2
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you, I am seeing issues with email notification too. I hope Netgear's Product Management is reading at least once a month here. Arlo Pro 2 seems to be a bit more sensitive than Arlo Pro. I really think Netgear needs to give us  coupons for free accessories for debugging their software... 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation