Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DeputyDog95
Star
Star

I have an Arlo Pro 2 Camera and the Arlo Doorbell on our front and side doors and I have some questions about pairing a doorbell with a camera.

I'm a little confused re the doorbell settings.  They're a little vague as I would have thought there would be settings for just the motion sensor on the bell, and then what happens when actually you push the button.

As it stands now, I get a push alert when someone walkes up to the door but doesn't press the button. It also takes some video.   Not sure I want that every time. I guess I could turn off the alert at least...

However, the "when motion is detected" button is greyed out and can't be checked or unchecked. So I'm not sure what that is for.

Below that setting, it says when the front doorbell is triggered, what devices do you want to activate?  Do they mean the motion sensor in the doorbell or pressing the actual button? 

I do want video of anyone pressing the button though. 

Any help would be appreciated to get some clarification on this. Thanks in advance. 

I've attached a screen shot of my current door bell settings. 

4 REPLIES 4
brh
Master
Master

@DeputyDog95

I am still experimenting so take what I say with a grain of salt. It seems from the Devices page you select the doorbell. On the next page there is a picture of a doorbell. There are three dots on the top right that when pressed, takes you to a page where you can select Motion and Device settings. Select Motion settings and go to the next page.

My guess is that if you do not want these alerts and videos when someone walks up to the doorbell and doesn't push it, you would select, "Do Nothing."

Just guessing - try it out and see. Also the camera must be active and be in the Armed mode, (or all other modes except Disarmed).

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use of a browser does show the grayed out "When Motion is Detected" selection but the app allows you to change it. Not sure if that's a bug or deliberate.

DeputyDog95
Star
Star

So how do you control what it does related to just motion, versus what it does when someone actually presses the button?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Motion detection can be set to trigger a camera. Otherwise, a press is needed to initiate a call. See Settings, My Devices, your doorbell, Motion Settings.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation