Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Using Arlo audio doorbell AAD1001 to control Alexa routines

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 1 In Conversation
nicktumi
Follower
Follower

I am in love with Alexa integration with camera motion detection with that camera armed. So, I bought 2 more cameras in the bundle Arlo pack with a camera and door bell from Walmart on clearance. Very happy with my purchase. Now I have 2 door bells and 2 base stations, that I have no plans for. I am currently using one doorbell as a motion detector on my bedroom door, you know in case my room mate tries to sneak in my room while I'm doing other things. 

So, I want to use the other doorbell's motion detector to trigger my wifi lights or trigger a routine with Alexa! Only problem is, there is no way of using the motion detector in the Alexa app setup...  This is something the Devs at Arlo need to implement, which will increase their product value. I'm getting ready to do a full setup home automation youtube video soon, please hit me up Devs or marketing team for sponsorship. 

Okay, so here's what works with Alexa. You can use the button on the doorbell to trigger a routine in the Alexa app. Only problem is, if the doorbell is on silent mode, it no longer works. I've tried enabling chime or Incoming Call while in silent mode, but it still will not trigger the Alexa routine. It only works not in silent mode.

So this is for the Devs. Requirements to make your product more valuable: 1. Use motion detector as an action in Alexa app***.  2. Use button in silent mode as an action in Alexa app. 

Okay, so there you have it. If you do want to use the button to trigger lights, it will have to not be in silent mode. But the good news is, the push the button not in silent mode, you can trigger a routine in Alexa that could include playing music, turning on lights...., the possibilities are endless. 

0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 1 In Conversation