Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable To Hear/Respond Using Doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jmmmmh
Guide
Guide

I installed a new doorbell over the weekend paired with a Pro 2 camera. When it works, it’s pretty good, although the video is constantly choppy.

However on multiple occasions the doorbell rings, is answered on a device (eg my phone), but the person at the door hears nothing and I hear nothing. If I watch the playback from the library I do hear the audio, however.

It happens on two different phones.

iPhone X iOS 12.1.2
App 2.7.1
Firmware 1.2.0.0_275_250
Hardware 1.3

What do I do? Still within the return window with Amazon but I would like to find a solution if possible.

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @jmmmmh

Have you tried to reboot the base station and test again? You can also try and resync the doorbell if the reboot is not helping.

Sircoynie
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have had/got the same issue. Unfortunately the product just appears to be buggy and unfinished I am afraid. Like you I’m giving it a couple of weeks for an update if nothing comes then I will also return my 2 to amazon and order a ring and use iftttt instead.

jmmmmh
Guide
Guide
I have indeed. Rebooting the hub meant that the doorbell couldn’t sync so I’ve had to remove and re-add.

Audio and video is still very choppy and frequently breaks up. The hub is around 20 feet away from the router, it’s a low WiFi signal area and there is no channel conflict. The doorbell and camera are approximately 10 feet from the hub.

Internet speeds are fine too (10Mbit up).

What should I try next?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jmmmmh

I would suggest contacting customer support do they can further investigate the issue. I have provided the link for you below.

Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation