Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Shows someone walking up to door but when he rang doorbell, camera didn't record video

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
davidj77
Star
Star

I didn't have time to post and kind of forgot about it for a while but wanted to see if there was a fix or maybe this is not a known issue. Last month we had a vistitor at my house, Person was either a crook, or just a lost person that didn't know where his reletives lived.

The issue is our camera watching the front door did not capture really any of the interaction. It shows him walking up to the door, but when he rings the door bell, there is no more video. I beleive my wife answered it on her phone and then minimized the app. So the whole time he was at the door there was no recording. If we did have an issue there was no recording.

It was an odder interaction, guy telling my wife to let him in to see his nephews..... but we have no video of it just him walking up to the door. He was probably at the door for a good 2-3 minutes.

Anyone else see this issue before. Should I unpair my camera from my door bell so this doesn't happen again ?

1 REPLY 1
brh
Master
Master

@davidj77 

I haven't tried this but i suspect that when you are on the phone with the doorbell, the camera is in live view and thus not recording. I solved that problem by mounting multiple cameras viewing my entrance ways, thus if one camera is in Live view and not recording the other two cameras will be recording the event.

Brian

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation