Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Purchased two audio doorbells. One doorbell battery dies faster and LED heartbeats often.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
UnclSam
Aspirant
Aspirant

I acquired two audio doorbells and notice that the battery life on one is amazing (showing 97% since install and for the last 3 weeks) while on the other the battery is dying within 3 days. I notice that the LED ring "heartbeat" (every 8-10 seconds) is not happening on the former, perhaps accounting for the extended battery life.

Identical devices, with identical firmware versions and both connected to the same base. I can't seem to turn off the LED heartbeat on the second unit. Have factory reset the device too. I have disabled the motion sensor on both (and covered the front with black electrical tape to confirm no detection, per another poster's solution).

Appreciate any advice on how to stop the LED ring from flashing every 8-10 seconds on the second unit.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

My first thought is a faulty doorbell. If these are new, swap at the store. If within the warranty period, use the Contact Support link at the bottom here to see about a replacement.

Daniell887
Aspirant
Aspirant

@myccpay wrote:

I acquired two audio doorbells and notice that the battery life on one is amazing (showing 97% since install and for the last 3 weeks) while on the other the battery is dying within 3 days. I notice that the LED ring "heartbeat" (every 8-10 seconds) is not happening on the former, perhaps accounting for the extended battery life.

Identical devices, with identical firmware versions and both connected to the same base. I can't seem to turn off the LED heartbeat on the second unit. Have factory reset the device too. I have disabled the motion sensor on both (and covered the front with black electrical tape to confirm no detection, per another poster's solution).

Appreciate any advice on how to stop the LED ring from flashing every 8-10 seconds on the second unit.

After 10 days I have it at 65%. So just added an 18v ac wall transformer. Took me several hours fishing the wires through the uPVC door but worth the trouble of not worrying about power anymore.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Daniell887 wrote:
After 10 days I have it at 65%. So just added an 18v ac wall transformer. Took me several hours fishing the wires through the uPVC door but worth the trouble of not worrying about power anymore.

You must be talking about the AVD2001 video doorbell.

@UnclSam is talking about the older audio doorbell, which cannot be charged from the transformer.

UnclSam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the tip. I have emailed Arlo Support, via a web link on here. No response yet. Meanwhile the good one is still showing 97% battery remaining and is still active. The faulty unit has disconnected. Wonder if there is a way to reflash the latest firmware.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation