Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Firmware update and space used/reported

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

More problems with Arlo. It's to be expected after another firmware/software release.

My base station says there's 'Update Available'. I've finally established, after checking every single device, that it's for the audio doorbell. (Not sure why you can't make it obvious to your users what the update is for - is it that big a problem to do that?)

However, could someone explain to me how to do this firmware update, as the doorbell is the only device amongst the others that doesn't allow you to click on/select 'Firmware' in the 'Device Info' (well, there's a surprise (!)). If I go to my.arlo.com and click on 'update', I get the message 'Upgrade Version Invalid'. So, there you go. 

Since we're talking issues (yet again), could someone also explain to me why the app shows in the Available Storage on the base station 9.35GB used of 59 GB, whereas the web-based system shows available storage 50.11GB of 59.46GB? So, where is there a discrepancy and also why do both report two different values? 

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Edinburgh_lad1 wrote:

Since we're talking issues (yet again), could someone also explain to me why the app shows in the Available Storage on the base station 9.35GB used of 59 GB, whereas the web-based system shows available storage 50.11GB of 59.46GB? So, where is there a discrepancy and also why do both report two different values? 

Used: 9.35

Available: 50.11

Total: 59.46 (Used + Available)

I'm not seeing a discrepancy (unless you are talking about the rounding of 59.46 to 59 in the app), though I agree that it is confusing to have my.arlo.com report available and app report used.

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

9.35 + 50.11 doesn't equal 59! 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Edinburgh_lad1 wrote:

9.35 + 50.11 doesn't equal 59! 

It equals 59.46, which was what I said.

So your discrepancy is that the app is rounding down to 59?

Ronal5
Aspirant
Aspirant
It will over-write your existing Android version and should not take up more user space (this space is already reserved for the operating system, it usually is from 512MB to 4GB of reserved space, regardless if it is all used or not, and it is not accessible to you as a user).
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation