Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No way to stop calls and keep traditional chime on for Arlo Audio Doorbell?

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
ZosoPage1963
Apprentice
Apprentice

Is there not a way to stop calls and keep the traditional chime on?  I have my Arlo Doorbell connected to my front door camera.  I do not own an Arlo Chime.  I installed the doorbell to ring our current chimes.  Enter Halloween.  We are home and we want to only hear the doorbell, not get a phone call 50 times.  Unless I am missing something, there is no way to just turn off the call feature.  If you turn on silent mode, nothing will work.  Am I missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tasom
Aspirant
Aspirant

ZosoPage1963 
I did the hard work for you. I was messing with something else and figured I'd give it a try. During setup, I was given the option to use my traditional mechanical chime. Not selecting it, did not give me the option of turn off the traditional chime. I re-did the sync, and answered yes (default) and it gave me the option to use the mechanical chime. I previously verified I could in fact turn off the call and still have the mechanical chime work. I think this solution will work for you.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Tasom
Aspirant
Aspirant
My doorbell menu has an additional option for "traditional" chime. I can turn calls and remote chime off and only regular bell rings. Conversely I can turn off the traditional chime. However, I dont appear to be able to silent all. I posted separately about it, but the silent mode slider has to be on (green), and the associated slider below off (gray) to silence. In this screenshot, it functions exactly as you describe.
ZosoPage1963
Apprentice
Apprentice

Interesting, I do not have a "traditional chime" slider.  I will reinstall the app and see if that may help...

ZosoPage1963
Apprentice
Apprentice

reinstalled app, still no traditional chime there.  Anyone have any ideas?

Tasom
Aspirant
Aspirant
I dont want to remove and reinstall the devices as it wont be conclusive since my works as desired. However, when I initially set mine up, it missed connecting to the camera and I had no option do do so. I would try to remove the doorbell and re-sync it as that opened up more options in my situation.
ZosoPage1963
Apprentice
Apprentice

that is a PITA, but I will do that later today and will report my findings here.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Iin the Android app I see

• Silent Mode
  • Incoming Call
  • Chime
  • Traditional Chime

The wording is slightly different in my iOS app

• Silent Mode
  • Incoming call
  • Arlo Chime
  • Traditional Chime

The Web Client just gives me silent mode,  with no option to control the traditional chime.

Tasom
Aspirant
Aspirant

ZosoPage1963 
I did the hard work for you. I was messing with something else and figured I'd give it a try. During setup, I was given the option to use my traditional mechanical chime. Not selecting it, did not give me the option of turn off the traditional chime. I re-did the sync, and answered yes (default) and it gave me the option to use the mechanical chime. I previously verified I could in fact turn off the call and still have the mechanical chime work. I think this solution will work for you.

ZosoPage1963
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks, I will let you all know when I get a chance to work on it today.  It is interesting that I believe when I first set this up, I set it up to utilize my existing doorbell chime.  If I didn't do that, how is the chime actually working?  

FYI, I attached a screenshot of what I see in the Android app, to the original post.  

ZosoPage1963
Apprentice
Apprentice

This worked!!! I unpaired it, reset it and then re-paired it, and now I have the traditional chime slider where I can just hear the chime and not get the phone call.  thank you guys, appreciate it!

Tasom
Aspirant
Aspirant
Glad it worked! As to why it stopped or didnt originally is any body's guess. I like the doorbell system for our needs, but their backend and app definitely isnt the best.
Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation