Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Arlo App appears incompatible with IPhoneX

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Arlo-EC
Follower
Follower

Ever since installing the new Arlo App, the system has become so unusable that I've removed the app.

Every single time the doorbell rings, my IPhone hangs up on whatever call I'm on and I get a "Call Failed" notification.  I called Arlo support 3 times and after hours of factory resets reconfiguration and 3 separate times where the tech said they would raise a ticket with the engineering team and call me back(which never happened).  I removed my account entirely and set everything up on a new account on my wife's phone.  I added myself as a secondary account with a fresh email with just our camera's and didn't share access to the doorbell or chime on my account.  It still doesn't work on the new app.  Even though my phone doesn't have access to the doorbell or chime, my calls still terminate whenever the doorbell rings.

The only resolution was to delete the new app and reinstall the "Legacy Arlo App" again from the app store.  That one works just fine from the second I installed it.  I'm really worried that Arlo has lost a lot of tech talent and I hope Arlo is willing to continue to support the more stable legacy app for another year or two.  This new app and the support team behind it are very unimpressive, the only recommendation is to factory reset or remove and add again.  If that doesn't work, they just ask to end the call with the promise of a return call from an engineer that never comes.  I wasted 4-5 hours of my life trying to resolve issues and I strongly regret ever upgrading to that new app.

4 REPLIES 4
Remmen
Tutor
Tutor
I have the exact same issue. Please support team, put in a feature where the user can chose if this ”overruling” should be in place or not.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Arlo-EC @Remmen

What version of iOS is your iPhone running?

What is the version of the Arlo Mobile App are you using?

Remmen
Tutor
Tutor
Hi, ios 13.3 on an iphone xs max
Thank you
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Remmen

Thanks for the info. I just tested on my iPhone 11 Pro Max running iOS 13.3 & could not replicate the issue. I made a personal call > Pressed the DB > Call was still connected with the answer/decline screen active. If i answered the DB the personal call was in fact ended. 

-What version of the Arlo mobile app are you using?

-Did you answer the doorbell call or did the phone just hang up on your personal call?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation