Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detection only when alarm is armed?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bigbertbeats
Aspirant
Aspirant
I would like the motion detection on the door bell to only be active when I have armed the alarm.. Seems like a obvious functionallity,. If I'm home I'm not interested in knowing if someone goes infront of the door, If alarm is armed however, that would be of interest. Is this not possible?
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not sure I totally understand so I'll throw out a generality - have you created a custom mode with the settings you need? If so, what's missing?

bigbertbeats
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply, I'll try to clarify.

So I've added the Door bell, and I want motion detection on the door bell, but ONLY when Arlo is Armed.

If I go to Devices, I can view my cameras and the doorbell. If I open the door bell settings I can turn on motion detection, but that means the motion detection will be active all the time, which I do not want.

If I go to Mode and select settings for Armed-mode I would expect to see the door bell there so I could turn on the motion detection for the door bell when the alarm is Armed. But that is not possible it seems.

Am I going about this wrong, or is this functionallity not available?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have a camera to be used in conjunction with the doorbell, that is, a camera pointed at the door and walkway to it? Use the camera to detect motion and record/alert as needed instead of using the doorbell as the trigger.

bigbertbeats
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes @jguerdat, I have a camera that is viewing the Arlo door bell. However the camera is on the inside and viewing the doorbell through a window. But IR is not working though glass so I can't really trigger it with the camera Smiley Sad

I don't have the possibility to have the camera on the outside unfortunately. So that is not an option.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation