Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Manual for Door Bell

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jd02043
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot access the manual for the doorbell - can anyone help?  I see it in the Library but cannot access it.

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/images/Documents/ArloAudioDoorbell/arlo-doorbell-installguide.pdf

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jd02043
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for reply.  I have the 'quick start' guide. I am looking for a manual with instructions of how to respond to door with phone, etc.  Can you send a link?  Thanks. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jd02043,

Take a look here and click "Arlo Audio Doorbell": https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/

You will find several knowledge base articles about the Arlo Audio Doorbell.

Can you provide more detail about what you're having trouble with? We may be able to help here on the community.

JamesC

jd02043
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, that didn't solve the problems.  None of those links have instructions of how to set up your phone so that you can use the doorbell.  I had to go onto youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huPHJmFPi4M

How about someone at Arlo actually sending me the manual of how to use Arlo in pdf form? DO NOT send the setup instructions, which is what you all are doing.  I called the help line and after waiting forever to speak to someone, they hung up on me.  Then I called again, went throught the vetting of name, etc.  and they said they don't handle that, call another number, but they didn't have the other number.  Starting to think the company is a joke.

RichLevow
Apprentice
Apprentice

As far as I can tell, there is NO manual.  Yes, a comprehensive manual would be extremely helpful particularly considering the number of moving parts in this system.

jd02043
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response - I was starting to think I was crazy.   

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jd02043,

There isn't a comprehensive manual of all the articles for the Arlo Doorbell at this time, but the link I provided above includes articles for many of the questions you may have regarding doorbell setup and advanced features.

What specifically are you having trouble with? If you've completed setup as outlined in the quick start guide, using the doorbell is as simple as pressing the doorbell button and then you should receiving a call to your phone. At what point are you experiencing an issue?

JamesC

RichLevow
Apprentice
Apprentice

One of the issues that I've found is that as firmware updates roll-out, the KB articles may not still be applicable.  Everyday I discover "new" features of the system; some are from firmware updgrades and others from app upgrades.  Quite the moving target.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation