Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

AAD1001 - Audio Doorbell calling worked 1x then never again

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
C0rk
Aspirant
Aspirant

After setting up the Arlo Doorbell w/ connected chime for the first time, a test showed everything to be working as designed with a call popping on my phone showing me the linked camera, etc. Since that initial test, none of the doorbell presses have resulted in a call or any phone based notification... only the connecting chime in the house makes a sound. I messed around with a ton of settings, linked/unlinked the chime, removed authorized users, etc. Still nothing...

To attempt to address the situation, I deleted the doorbell from my system thinking that re-adding the doorbell from a factory reset might set things straight. No luck... now the doorbell is undiscoverable when attempting to add it to the system. Repeated retry and factory reset attempts are not working to make the doorbell re-discoverable/add-able to my system.

HELP!

5 REPLIES 5
RichLevow
Apprentice
Apprentice

With the batteries installed, hold down the sync button inside the doorbell for roughly 10 seconds.  The goal is to get the led ring to flash rapidly.  That will make the unit discoverable.  Also, when trying to add it back to the base station, make sure that it is removed from the base.

As far as the calls are concerned, are you using the android app?  Some android phones such as mine (LG G7, Verizon Wireless) go into a "sleep mode" after a period of time.  Mine will not get calls when it is sleeping. 

See if you can get the doorbell added back and we'll go from there.

C0rk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay. So once I toggled the switch to position 2 and only when I'd done so did the LED flash in a way that conveyed 'reset' - I've successfully added the doorbell back to the system. Same problem remains... calls DO NOT come through to my phone (Pixel 3 XL) regardless of whether the phone is idle or I'm in the Arlo app... no notification whatsoever comes through the app ONLY the connected chime does anything.

C0rk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same situation as before. No call coming through on my Pixel 3 XL. I removed the Arlo app from all OS level batter optimization and maximized the Arlo app privledges to access OS systems and appear over any app. Still no notification of call to the phone. How were these scenarios marketed yet obviously not rigorously tested or sufficiently caveated in documentation.

Even chat support person said, "oh... I'm not trained on the doorbell. Someone from escalated support will need to contact you later."

... Hope they can get their act together quickly.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Along with many other apps including Arlo, recent OSes have gotten aggressive about notifications coming through when the phone is asleep. I have two recent devices, a Pixel 3 XL (Pie) and a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 (Oreo) and both have issues with notifications and calls coming through. It's an OS issue, not Arlo. Not optimizing the Arlo app really doesn't do much. If the phone is asleep, calls (and notifications from FB, Gmail, etc.) don't come through like they do when the phone is awake.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team has released some improvements on the Arlo Cloud that resolved some issues with receiving calls after the doorbell is pressed. For those who experienced this issue in this discussion, are you still experiencing the same issue?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation