Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
island_guy
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, I have a 2-camera Arlo Pro 2 system and added the doorbell and chime. The issue is, after I downloaded the required Arlo update I can no longer get calls or notifications to my phone when somoen presses the doorbell. I have been through all the settings and ensured notifications were turned on but no matter what I do, I can't get the doorbell notifications to ring to my phone. When something triggers the camera, I get the notification, but not when the doorbell is pressed. Any ideas? I have even wiped the entire system and reinstalled it but no luck.

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@island_guy wrote:

The issue is, after I downloaded the required Arlo update I can no longer get calls or notifications to my phone 

Do you mean the app?  If so, can you let us know your phone model, and what version of Android or iOS it is running?

Also, you can still use the Arlo Legacy app.  So maybe try that, and see if it works.

island_guy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, so I have an iPhone XS running IOS 12 with latest updates. I have tried both the legacy app and the updated as I thought that might be the issue but that hasn't worked. I'm beyond frustrated and ready to abandon this system. My wife works from a home office and I really need this to start working again. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @island_guy

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

island_guy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still cannot get it to work. I have uninstalled the app, tried the legacy app and nothing. Wiped the system and started over. I have wasted so much time on this it's ridiculous. I'm researching a getting a new system. It shouldn't be this complicated. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @island_guy

Have you tried downloading iOS 13 & the Arlo app version 2.9 & test again?

Were you able to contact support regarding this issue?

island_guy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

Yes. I DL IOS13 and the new app and it seems to be working fine. Hopefully no more issues. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

That is great news! 

Please let me know if you have any further questions & I will be happy to assist you.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation