Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Zounds
Guide
Guide

Installed the doorbell and chime yesterday and it all worked good.

But then something happened.

It never turned on the "ring" when you got close to it and nothing happened when I pressed the button.

It worked the first 3 times and then it stopped working, the solution was to restart it by pulling the battery then it seems to be working again. Didn't have time to try it this morning so i'll get back to that.

But a not so fun thing i saw after i restared it this morning was that  it had went from 99% battery to 38 in just about 12 hours..

So i guess the damn thing was caught up in a battery intensive loop of some kind, that sucks.. 😞

But I hope that was the first and last time i get that kind of behavior.

A couple of things i would like to see happeining soon is:

1: A way to restart the doorbell from the app

2: Netagear open up the API ffs, it's 2019!!!!

3: Google assistant and ifttt adds support for the button like the have done for the cameras.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Zounds
Guide
Guide

Looks like it's working after that reset, so consider this one solved.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be a bad doorbell or a poor WiFi connection to the base. I would bring the doorbell closer to the base for testing before swapping at the store. Don't forget that house construction and thinngs on/in the walls can cause a poor signal and other 2.4GHz wireless devices can cause interference.

Zounds
Guide
Guide

Checked the signal and it's 100% under the doorbell unit so it shouldn't be bad wifi connection...

But I'll try it out some more today to see if works as intended or if i can reproduce the error.

Thanks for the advice though!

Zounds
Guide
Guide

Looks like it's working after that reset, so consider this one solved.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation