Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell sound crackling

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
skg2007
Aspirant
Aspirant

My brand new doorbell connects, calls and sound can be heard on the phone but at the doorbell end it just crackles and no voice can be heard. It says there is an update 1.2.0.0_320_401 but won’t update. It’s currently running version 1.3 model AAD1001. I have removed and re-added the device but didn’t help also tried call while next to base station again still crackles no voices can be heard. I have 2 of these doorbells and both are doing the same.  Base station is VMB4000r3 running firmware 1.21.1.0_4302_9611cf3. Admin please respond ASAP.

IMG_8346.jpeg

IMG_8347.png

IMG_8342.png

IMG_8348.png

IMG_8349.jpeg

9 REPLIES 9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @skg2007 

I have escalated this for you and someone from the support team should be reaching out as soon as possible. 

Allyballybee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having what sounds like the same problem...no outgoing message inviting caller to leave message; just weird feedback type crackles & pops. Sometimes get notification on my phone that message has been left, but nothing in library....

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would seem to be a faulty doorbell. Use Settings, Support to choose the doorbell and scroll down to Contacts to talk to official support for a possible RMA.

Allyballybee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure if I got to where you were suggesting, but tried live webchat and was informed by bot that I was not eligible for live agent service! What should I do next?

skg2007
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo support contacted me via email then phone, they listened to the crackling sound the doorbell was making. Spoke with IT support people who decided the doorbell was faulty... strange as I have the same doorbell that is 3 years old that worked fine and then it started doing the same crackling thing as the brand new one. I believe it is something to do with an update that isn't compatible, however Arlo no longer make the product so they were very helpful in trying to fix the outdated device. Anyways after 4 phone calls, Arlo said as I could still return the new doorbell to do so and unfortunately as they no longer make the audio only doorbell they can off me a 40% discount for ONE product on their arlo website, via a discount code. I have since returned the doorbell and fighting for a refund as it has been "used/opened".

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Allyballybee wrote:

Not sure if I got to where you were suggesting, but tried live webchat and was informed by bot that I was not eligible for live agent service! What should I do next?

You have to have a subscription for access to support. Purchase a monthly single camera plan for the duration needed and cancel when finished.

skg2007
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just posted my comment above and they contacted me. I don't have any subscription. Be sure to include all the details and what you have done to troubleshoot as well, or you will have to sit through all of that with them on the phone.

Heyesdavid
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same problem with my audio doorbell and have done all the same things to try to resolve the problem 

please help

me too 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Heyesdavid 

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support through the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation