Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
majanes
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo doorbell has never called shared account. Just upgraded from Arlo Pro to Arlo Pro 2 Base station. Using iOS 12.4.1 on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus and iPad Pro.  All Arlo devices have updated firmware. Removed shared account and re-added. Factory reset Pro 2 base station 4 times today.  Did the same on the Pro Base station and gave up.  Shared account has administrive rights and every permission I can find. Saw several closed threads that this was solved. Evidently not. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
majanes
Aspirant
Aspirant

This happened on the shared account on my wife's iPhone 8 Plus.  It worked fine on my master account on my iPhone 8.  Both have background app refresh set.  I tried unistalling and reinstalling on the iPhone 8 Plus yesterday with no luck.

Today there was an update in the Apple app store updating Arlo to Arlo Legacy with a note to download the new Arlo app and delete the Legacy app after logging into the new one.  We did this and the doorbell now notifies the both master and shared accounts on both iPhones.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi majanes, 

Try to reinstall the Arlo app and reboot your iOS device to see if that helps. Make sure that the background app refresh is enabled for the phone device by going to your iPhone Settings > Arlo.

And is this happening on the shared account specifically or does it happen on a particular iOS device?

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Hi @jessica.

I could actually use some help today too I installed Arlo app finally on my wife’s iPhone and granted her permission through my app.

Her app is working fine but when someone rings the doorbell still only my phone rings.

I did reboot my iPhone I did delete and reinstall the app I did check all the settings including background running and all is OK.

What else can I do to try to fix?

Thank you!
majanes
Aspirant
Aspirant

This happened on the shared account on my wife's iPhone 8 Plus.  It worked fine on my master account on my iPhone 8.  Both have background app refresh set.  I tried unistalling and reinstalling on the iPhone 8 Plus yesterday with no luck.

Today there was an update in the Apple app store updating Arlo to Arlo Legacy with a note to download the new Arlo app and delete the Legacy app after logging into the new one.  We did this and the doorbell now notifies the both master and shared accounts on both iPhones.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation