Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
trunchbull
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought an Arlo Chime to pair to my Arlo Audio Doorbell.  The doorbell chime was fine - that worked as expected.  But I also paired it to a camera trigger as an extended siren, at the other end of my house and the result was laughable.  The "siren" sound that the Chime makes was so quiet and I had it set to 100% volume in the setting.  We all stood there laughing when I tested it and ended up returning it to Best Buy.

Going to keep an eye on the evolution of that product - it's an awesome idea to be able to hear someone ringing the doorbell from the other end of the house, or have the siren go off far away from the base station if the home is armed and an intruder were in the house. But my experience is that the "siren" part of this product isn't really helpful in its current implementation.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

trunchbull,

How far away was the chime when you tested? How many walls were between you and the chime?

JamesC

trunchbull
Aspirant
Aspirant
Zero walls, and about three feet of distance between me and the chime. Chime was configured to siren at 100% volume.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation