Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
pietrzej
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo Doorbell not answering.
It was working fine for the last few days and now when i press the button it rings my two ios phones but when i go to answer it doent connect, it hangs up straight away but keeps ringing the second phone when i go to answer that it hangs up straight away?!!

19 REPLIES 19
Pellepennan
Guide
Guide
@pietrzej
Exactly as mine !!!
JJAdV
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same, thats when its not just crashing the app..

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue with calls crashing after answering. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

JJAdV
Apprentice
Apprentice

Took way too long to come back with any info.. I already returned it and have fitted a Ring Doorbell.. 

Also a bit of info about what they issue is, and time frame to resolution.. If I had this yesterday, I would have probably hung out waiting.. 

bscooper0
Guide
Guide
Still doesn't work for me. I get the someone has pressed the doorbell notification and then nothing. App crashes and the person on the other end hears one little ding when you press the button and that's it.
Vaiz010
Initiate
Initiate
Log off from ur account..then force stop arlo app from ur phone..log in again and then try..thats what i did and it worked for me!!!
bscooper0
Guide
Guide
Yeah I did that just 10 minutes or so ago and no change unfortunately. Looks like I'll be getting one the Ring train too. Disappointed as everything through the one system is a perfect setup.
JJAdV
Apprentice
Apprentice

Having 2 different set ups is good redundancy. The idea of one system is good, but with the reliability if it dies when I am away I have a second system for at least the front door.

I would like to test Arlo doorbells again not I have a working solution, but I am not going to buy one, They would have to supply it for the duration of the test.

pietrzej
Apprentice
Apprentice
Doorbells are still playing up. Working one minute and not working the next. They keep going out of sync with the base on regular basis
AussieR
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi. I have the Audio Doorbell v1.3. My partner and I both have Google Pixel 3XLs. Since upgrading our phones to Android 10 the Audio Doorbell has stopped working.

If we force close the app and open it back up the doorbell will ring our phones once. If we try pressing the doorbell again later, it causes the app to crash.

I understand that when phone software updates there can be glitches, but Android 10 has been out for sometime now on Pixel devices so it's disappointing that this issue is ongoing.

We've tried force stopping the app and clearing cache and storage which allows it to work the once but that's it.

I did have a camera paired to the audio doorbell and have unpaired that to see if it resolves.

I've also taken the batteries out of the doorbell, left it for 5mins and inserted the batteries again to no avail.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have a Pixel 3 XL on Android 10 and have no issues with doorbell calls. I would reboot the phone and reinstall the app which will also ensure you have the latest version. Also, does this happen on both WiFi as well as cell service?

AussieR
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just tried reinstalling app and rebooting phone and same problem still occuring.

Happens on both wifi and cell data.

Don't know if it makes a difference but my basestation is VMB5000r4 running 3 ultras as well (they work without any issue)

cornelbasson
Star
Star
I am seeing the same thing on my system on a galaxy S10 only since last update.
CitizenA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Exactly the same.

I suspect that Arlo is so focused on their new doorbell that there is no focus on this one particularly as the new Video Doorbell requires a subscription (money in their pocket over time) and this model does not. 

I have started to advise people in my Automation communities to start seeking other alternatives as this case is now over 1 week old with no actual fix or patch.
Many in my community use this product with AirBNB and you cant have flakey access devices when running a meet and greet business.
Disappointing as I have been an avid follower & user of Arlo for many years. 

AussieR
Aspirant
Aspirant
I raised a support call and support asked whether I could try on another device. I installed the app on my work iPhone 10 and the doorbell now works as expected on the iPhone and our Pixel devices. I uninstalled from the iPhone and it is still working as expected on the Pixel devices. Not sure if this is what fixed it or if Arlo did something in the backend of my profile, but it's now working for me.
doncarajo
Apprentice
Apprentice

I think I have fixed this issue on my end. All I did was uninstall then re-install the Arlo app on my iPhone. Seems to be working well now.

CitizenA
Aspirant
Aspirant

You would seem to be one of the lucky ones. I have done exactly that and the App still keeps crashing. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue was resolved int he latest version of the Arlo iOS mobile app. Please make sure you have the latest version installed from the app store and let us know if you're still experiencing the issue.

JamesC

Dantastic001
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had the same problem - the Arlo app would crash as it was trying to load the video feed (on Android + iPhone)

Finally worked it out after a month of troubleshooting and much frustration:

This worked for me:
1. Replaced the batteries with new (even though the app said batteries were at a healthy level)
2. Removed Doorbell device from Arlo App
3. Restarted phone
4. Added doorbell device to Arlo app again
5. Pressed the sync button on doorbell for 10 seconds (it wouldn't recognise the device until I did that)
6. Went through the setup process on the Arlo app to connect a "new" doorbell

Now it's working.

Seems so simple now, but maybe try these steps?

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation