Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell always disconnects from camera and chime

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
mihir_ray07
Tutor
Tutor

I have a vmb4000r3 base station with 5 cameras, doorbell and chime. 

And my arlo system is connected to alexa.

every now and then my door bell disconnects from paired camera and chime. I have to reset it all the time to make it work.

But it never looses connection with alexa, i always get the notification on app and alexa when the doorbell is pressed.

Its really frustrating now, as its happening every other day and sometimes multiple times in a day.

Appreciate any help here.

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @mihir_ray07

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Fertigulator
Star
Star

I have the same issue. Both my chime and doorbell were replaced through RMA. I hooked both up, moved my base station closer and still they lose connection. I am at my wits end with the doorbell and chime. People stand at my front door for minutes before realizing they have to knock. It's crazy. Both my chime and my doorbell independently stay connected to the base station but do not stay connected to each other and require re-pairing. I just did it last night and now they are not paired. FRUSTRATING.

mihir_ray07
Tutor
Tutor

I removed the USB drive from the base station, which i was using for local storage, then re-paired doorbel and chime. Its over a week now, its still paired. But if its the reason, does that mean usb storage and doorbel doesn't go together? strange.

mihir_ray07
Tutor
Tutor

do you have a usb drive connected to base station?

@Fertigulator wrote:

I have the same issue. Both my chime and doorbell were replaced through RMA. I hooked both up, moved my base station closer and still they lose connection. I am at my wits end with the doorbell and chime. People stand at my front door for minutes before realizing they have to knock. It's crazy. Both my chime and my doorbell independently stay connected to the base station but do not stay connected to each other and require re-pairing. I just did it last night and now they are not paired. FRUSTRATING.

Ryan0751
Tutor
Tutor

Based on this thread I tried removing my USB stick and tried resetting and re-adding everything.  

I am still getting inconsistent unreliable behavior from the doorbell.  Pairings dissappear, etc.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation