Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
GaryCamSec
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have purchased the Arlo doorbell to work wih my Arlo Pro.  The doorbell, arlo base and arlo pro camera and wireless rounter are with a 10 foot radius couldnt get a better setup.  BUT the delay between the doorbell pick up motion and the video activitating or horrible.  They have left before the camera activates.  Is there anyway to make the delay less and/or more sensitive motion on the door bell?

THANKS

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you read the FAQs here on best positioning for motion detection? PIR motion detectors work best when motion is across the FOV, not at the camera. Post a screenshot with description for suggestions.

GaryCamSec
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s the doorbell motion detection I have an issue with not the camera, please read my post before replying.

I have the motion dection on the doorbell trigger the camera but 100% of the time they are out of frame since it is SO SLOW.

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT. I have ordered a RING.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We could care less whether you ordered a Ring.

I use the doorbell detection all the time. If anything, it's too sensitive and I would like a sensitivity setting for it. You could also use camera detection instead of doorbell - or both.

schumaku
Master
Master

@jguerdat wrote:

I use the doorbell detection all the time.

Same here.

@jguerdat wrote:

If anything, it's too sensitive and I would like a sensitivity setting for it.

Agree, for some installations this would make perfect sense.

@jguerdat wrote:

You could also use camera detection instead of doorbell - or both.

Classic Arlo HD camera mounted above the Audio Doorbell (which is looking 90° to a walkway), tilted over the door entry area, so about 45° to the side and about 30° down. Both the camera and the doorbell have motion detection enabled, doorbell does trigger camera recording. Outdoor temperatures around 0°C. Especially people walking by "isolated" much better (real cold weather clothes) are very often recorded very late (if at all), and then more likley detected by the PIR of the Doorbell. Have samples and details shared with Arlo.

---
Please click on thumbs up if this answer was useful - thank you!
schumaku
Master
Master

@schumaku wrote:

@jguerdat wrote:

I use the doorbell detection all the time.

Same here.

Update: Using both the Doorbell and Arlo HD (H7) camera motion detection. Doorbell triggering recordings on the associated Arlo HD camera (on a classc 3010 base), with 25 seconds (Doorbell) resp. 20 seconds (HD camera) recording time. We find both recordings typically in the library after the event notification, and with the appropriate length as configured - even if the time windows are commonly overlapping. Depending on the traffic direction, some motion is detected forst by the camera, other by the doorbell. The doorbell sensitivity could be slightly lowered, the camera motion sensitivity is currently on 90.

---
Please click on thumbs up if this answer was useful - thank you!
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation