Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Chime's siren setting plays Simulate Home Presence instead

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Brett_Speed
Tutor
Tutor
I've set up one of my cameras to sound the siren on my Chime when it detects motion, but the Chime just plays the "Simulate Home Presence" noises instead. The "Dog Barking" works correctly, as does setting "Simulate Home Presence", but I can't get the Siren working. Setup is: Ultra Base station, Pro 2 camera.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for verifying with that. Our development team is looking into the issue where the Arlo Chime's siren is playing "Simulate Home Presence" instead. We'll be sure to update the community once we hear more information.

UPDATE (2/25/2020): Your Arlo Chime should now play the siren instead of "Simulate Home Presence" when changing the settings through the Arlo iOS app. We appreciate your patience in regards to this.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Brett_Speed,

What phone device are you using to change the settings for this? Try to force close the app and try it again. Otherwise, you can try reinstalling to see if that works too.

If it still makes the "Simulate Home Presence" after setting it as a siren, try checking the web client on your computer to make sure that your setting is showing as a siren instead of "Simulate Home Presence." 

Brett_Speed
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks JessicaP,

Couldn't get the iOS version to work. Web client worked fine though. Must be a bug in the iPhone version maybe.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for verifying with that. Our development team is looking into the issue where the Arlo Chime's siren is playing "Simulate Home Presence" instead. We'll be sure to update the community once we hear more information.

UPDATE (2/25/2020): Your Arlo Chime should now play the siren instead of "Simulate Home Presence" when changing the settings through the Arlo iOS app. We appreciate your patience in regards to this.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation