Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MacPac05
Guide
Guide
I do not have a doorbell, but I purchased the chime to use with motion detection on my Arlo light/camera. It was working perfectly for a few months. All of a sudden, it shows it's connected, but it doesn't do anything. I've deleted it. Reinstalled. Deleted everything. reinstalled. Even deleted and redid all of my modes. Still nothing.
I'm at a loss. I loved having the audible notification that someone was coming up my long driveway. I don't have a need for the doorbell, my house isn't that large. I really hope that nothing changed requiring the use of the doorbell to use the chime.
Any thoughts on what the issue could be?
6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @MacPac05

Have you tried to perform a factory reset on the chime by holding down the sync button for 10 seconds > re-sync > test again.

MacPac05
Guide
Guide
I did. Twice, just in case I did it wrong the first time. Lol
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you check to see if your speaker works in general. Is it possible to change ringtone/volume levels to see if the chime makes any sound. This will help isolate the issue.

MacPac05
Guide
Guide
Thank you so much for your replies...
Unfortunately I did that too. I set the level up to 50% then 75% of max volume thinking that was it. Still nothing. It's so frustrating. $50 for this thing to last not even 4 month.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's what warranties are for:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Just as jguerdat mentioned, you may contact Customer Support regarding your chime & warranty, They will be happy to assist you.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation