Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
mintpaul
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi 🙂

I have just bought a Arlo pro 3, chime and doorbell. 

I cannot get the chime to sync/pair with the door bell.

The base station can see the chime but as soon as I pair the doorbell to the chime it flashes amber then solid amber. I have spent a few hours trouble shooting and seeing the same issues with other people but no solutions posted. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated 🙂

7 REPLIES 7
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi mintpaul,

What troubleshooting steps have you tried out? You might want to try doing a factory reset for your Arlo Chime by pressing and holding the Sync button on the side of your Arlo Chime for 10 seconds.

mintpaul
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have spent hours troubleshooting and I have tried everything. I will return the chime to the shop, this was a big part of the arlo set up i wanted. Disappointing 

Bunraku
Guide
Guide

Same story here but with Arlo Ultra, I migrated all of my devices to Ultra base station, went to re-add the doorbell and had to jump through hoops to have it finally pair, then tried adding the chime and I get the amber light, base station sees it but wont melodies and sound icons are greyed out. Tried resetting, re-adding, removing doorbell and chime, etc.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Bunraku,

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

mintpaul
Aspirant
Aspirant

I contacted support and they advised me to try and sink the chime using another phone/tablet which I did and it did not work.

I have returned the chime to the store where I bought it

Bunraku
Guide
Guide

Well i've had the chime and doorbell for a few months, just upgraded the cameras and base so returning them is not an option. 

johnboydavis
Apprentice
Apprentice

So to everyone having problems with cameras and the doorbell. I have had trouble with cameras not working and no announcements from amazon alexa that the door bell has been pressed like everyone else that has them. I have found it MUST be a fault with software/firmware. If I have the doorbell and chime connected to a base unit with NO cameras and a different base unit for just the cameras then everything works better. cameras connect and work faster. no dropping of connections and now my doorbell rings my phone every time and my alexa tells me my doorbell has been pressed. Hope this helps. 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation