Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can the Arlo Doorbell be configured to automatically connect to an Echo Show when button is pressed?

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dave1Law
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently purchased the Audio Doorbell and have it connected to my Arlo Pro 2 camera on my front porch.   All seems to be working well with notifications to my iPhone or iPad when the doorbell is pressed.  However, I have a "new" Amazon Echo Show (2d Generation) in my kitchen.  It would be incredibly handy to have the doorbell notifications also automatically show up on my Echo Show.   Is this even possible?   I can ask Alexa to show "front porch" and it will connect to the camera, but I would like this to be automatic when a visitor presses the doorbell.     

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dave1Law,

Once you discover the doorbell with the Alexa app, your Echo Show will notify you when the doorbell is pressed.

JamesC

Dave1Law
Aspirant
Aspirant

Alexa app shows the Doorbell is discovered but Echo Show still does nothing when button is pressed.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dave1Law,

With your Alexa app, select the doorbell and make sure under Announcements the "Doorbell Press" toggle is enabled. This will allow your Echo Show to announce when the doorbell is pressed.

JamesC

Dave1Law
Aspirant
Aspirant

JAMESC ..  I have already tried your suggestions.  The Doorbell is recognized on the Alexa App and the toggle for Announcements/Doorbell Press is activated.   Still nothing.  Any other thoughts?  Have you been able to get this to work?   

cbl1
Tutor
Tutor

I activated the button in the Alexa app under the device settings for the Doorbell.

My Alexa's did activate and say someone is at the Front Door and the Show had a place card saying "Someone is at the front door".

Perfect circumstance would be however if the Show had ability then to answer the front door and display the camera with sound - just as when you accept call on phone.

cbl1
Tutor
Tutor

Playing around with - if I ask Alexa to show front doorbell (it replies there is no camera on front doorbell)

If I say Alexa show front door (it shows me my Arlo camera but it doesn't open up voice communication via the doorbell).

How do you get Alexa to display the video and open up communications channel with doorbell?

cbl1
Tutor
Tutor

no options?

Dave1Law
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am convinced it will not work.  I got tired of dealing with it and returned the doorbell and bought a Nest Hello.   It’s one more Camera I probably don’t need since I already have an Arlo camera by the door but it works how I want it to.  

cbl1
Tutor
Tutor

seems Arlo doesn't know the answers.

Seems they would have worked these things out prior to releasing a half complete system.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation