Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
theboot1
Tutor
Tutor
I purchased an audio doorbell today and after a lot of tries I figured out how to connect multiple phones. I finally got the doorbell to call all devices but 1 phone will not mute call on answering. I’ve made sure that mute on pickup is checked. I’ve logged in and out of the app multiple times. I’ve verified the most recent updates are on phone and app. Every time I answer with that phone it’s not muted. Any one have any ideas on a fix.
4 REPLIES 4
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

When other phones work, but one refuses to play ball, my suspicion turns immediately to the phone rather than the Arlo device.

What is this recalcitrant device?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
theboot1
Tutor
Tutor
It’s the same phone I have with the most updated version on phone and arlo app. My sons phone is an android and it will not get motion alerts even when the boxes are checked. So far I’m not real happy with the product. I also found out that motion detection cannot be turned off just the alerts can. I also thought motion detection would activate camera and I see that it does not only get alert and you would have to activate camera to see who’s there. I’m thinking of just going with a ring pro or nest. I’m gonna play around with it a little more and if I’m not happy it’s getting returned.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@theboot1 wrote:
It’s the same phone I have with the most updated version on phone and arlo app.

And that phone is?

Sounds like you might benefit from researching things like "rules".

This stuff is designed to be "intelligent" but it needs training and configuration to make the most of those "skills".

It may not suit everyone, but a carefully configured Arlo setup can be very versatile. So far we know that you have a doorbell. Anything else Arlo on there?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
theboot1
Tutor
Tutor

I also have arlo pro's which work great and I love with no real issues except for the app.  Have issues with geofencing which started after the last app update.  As far as the doorbell there were to many issues with it such as:

1. The speaker volume on the doorbell is way too low.  The canned responses seemed loud enough but 2 way audio was just too low.

2. You cannot turn off motion detection or adjust it at all.  You can only turn off notifications.

3. Tried to set it up on 4 phones and each phone had a different quirk.  1 phone wouldn't recive notifications. 1 phone wouldn't mute audio when answered.  The other 2 had issues receiving phone cals.

4.  Noticed that some times the doorbell would not activate when pushed.  If the ring was flashing then it would work.

5. Motion detection would not activate camera to record on once button was pushed.

6. On Iphones once Motion detection alets is checked you cannot uncheck it.  This wasn't an issue on an android device.

I think Arlo rushed this product to market without enough testing. I ended up taking it back and purchasing a Ring Pro.  I had it installed and running in 45 minutes with NO issues.  Set it up on 2 phones already and it's working great.  I really wanted the Arlo doorbell to work since it would intigrate into my Arlo system but I need something that's reliable and works.  Hopefully they'll fix the issues in the future and maybe put out a doorbell with a camera which would be much better.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation