Can I upload my own Arlo Chime melody?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
LightBody
Follower
Follower

Can I upload my own Arlo Chime melody?  The ones available through the UI (Android or web) do not meet my needs.  There are two "custom" melodies but what does it even mean that they're named "Custom 1" and "Custom 2"?  When I originally read the user guide I had hoped that somehow I'd be able to upload my own two custom melodies, but that doesn't seem possible.

We mainly use our Arlo cameras to notify us when our cats arrive at the front door or the back door so that we can let them in.  Since Arlo only supports full admin rights in their user profiles, I don't want to give my children access.  This means that my wife and I are the only ones who get notified, and if neither of us are home, then we have to call the children to tell them to let the cats in, which sucks.  It also means that if our parents are at home, they won't know either because they'll need to have the app loaded on their phone just for this, which, again, sucks.

So I was hoping to use the chime to solve that problem.  Alas, it doesn't.  Not for us.  My wife and I both have a simple "knock, knock, knock" sound as notification on our Android phones via the Arlo app.    At the very least, that's the sound I want to play through the Arlo Chime as well.  Even better if I can have it announce "Movement detected at back door" and "Movement detected at front door", or something like that, so that someone in the house would know which door to go to without having to rely on the app.

Any advice on how to solve this problem?

JessicaP
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @LightBody,

The "Custom 1" and "Custom 2" are actual chime melody names. There is currently no way to upload your own Arlo Chime melody; however, feel free to post your idea on our Idea Exchange Board. Our development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation