Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 37 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
LightBody
Follower
Follower

Can I upload my own Arlo Chime melody?  The ones available through the UI (Android or web) do not meet my needs.  There are two "custom" melodies but what does it even mean that they're named "Custom 1" and "Custom 2"?  When I originally read the user guide I had hoped that somehow I'd be able to upload my own two custom melodies, but that doesn't seem possible.

We mainly use our Arlo cameras to notify us when our cats arrive at the front door or the back door so that we can let them in.  Since Arlo only supports full admin rights in their user profiles, I don't want to give my children access.  This means that my wife and I are the only ones who get notified, and if neither of us are home, then we have to call the children to tell them to let the cats in, which sucks.  It also means that if our parents are at home, they won't know either because they'll need to have the app loaded on their phone just for this, which, again, sucks.

So I was hoping to use the chime to solve that problem.  Alas, it doesn't.  Not for us.  My wife and I both have a simple "knock, knock, knock" sound as notification on our Android phones via the Arlo app.    At the very least, that's the sound I want to play through the Arlo Chime as well.  Even better if I can have it announce "Movement detected at back door" and "Movement detected at front door", or something like that, so that someone in the house would know which door to go to without having to rely on the app.

Any advice on how to solve this problem?

12 REPLIES 12
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @LightBody,

The "Custom 1" and "Custom 2" are actual chime melody names. There is currently no way to upload your own Arlo Chime melody; however, feel free to post your idea on our Idea Exchange Board. Our development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented.

Hommer
Initiate
Initiate

It would be great, if you had the opportunity to upload your own melodies and sounds to the Arlo Chime.

Titania49
Initiate
Initiate

It would be great to be able to upload a short mp3 to chime 2, so I can upload top gun or pirates of the caribbean. 

Nikon23
Initiate
Initiate

Please tell me why after all this time that Arlo could not add seasonal chimes like all the other manufacturers?? Or at least allow us to us the custom rings to upload short rings?? I bought this because I just knew that Arlo was innovative and had this simple thing figured out like everyone else. Boy I was wrong. So disappointed in this!!

Captainsensible
Initiate
Initiate

So, 2 ‘custom’ tones that are not actually custom, or customizable? Some BS right there

Tammyrusso
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. You can change the chime melody in your Arlo doorbell's melody settings within the Arlo Secure app. Follow this steps, Launch the Arlo app or log in to my.arlo.com. Tap or click Settings > My Devices. Select your Arlo Video Doorbell. Tap or click Traditional Chime. Select Mechanical, Digital, or None. Mechanical. 

simbah_69
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I klick on the recommended settings it says not connected

What do I have to do, to active it?

Titania49
Initiate
Initiate

Hello,

Thank you for your answer, but I already change the sound by one of the predefined one.

What I want to do is to use a personal sound like a part of a mp3 file.

Best regards

ElSperko
Tutor
Tutor

Much needed enhancement!

Timmydgolf
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just installed my Chime 2 and cannot find a way to change the melody.

It doesn't have an options under "settings"

Regards

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the doorbell settings instead.

Kimberlopez23
Aspirant
Aspirant

As per my knowledge cut off, it is not possible to upload your own custom melodies for the Arlo Chime. The "Custom 1" and "Custom 2" options that are available in the user interface are pre-set melodies that cannot be changed or replaced. The Arlo Chime has a limited set of options for customizing the chime melodies, and the ability to upload your own melody is not currently supported. I would recommend checking the Arlo website or contacting their customer support to see if there are any updates or changes in this feature. It's also possible that some third-party integrations or custom code could help you achieve this, but I would recommend consulting with an expert in that field before proceeding.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 37 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation