Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Audio doorbell triggering on motion. Did not set up in app to take any action on motion detection.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
donbrooks
Aspirant
Aspirant

My audio door bell started triggering (chiming and notifying) when it detects motion. There is nothing setup in the app to take any action on motion detected. The audio door bell is wired to an existing door bell power supply and has worked flawlessly for 2 years but suddenly now has this problem. I have replaced batteries and resynced with the base but the problem still occurs. Does anyone know of a fix?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHat are you using the doorbell for - just to be alerted when someone pushes the button? Use the Disarmed mode so motion detection isn't even an issue.

donbrooks
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. The doorbell is setup to chime the existing doorbell chime and alert, when the button is pushed. I don't have any actions set when motion is detected (no boxes ticked). Not sure what the "disarmed" mode is. I don't seem to have that in my application setup for the doorbell. This problem started happening randomly with no changes to the system that had been working without fault for 2 years. I am beginning to think the doorbell is faulty.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Mode card and click on your base. You'll see the various possibilities, including Armed (I expect that's selected) and Disarmed. Choose Disarmed and detection will be turned off. Of course, if you have other cameras connected to the base, those will be disarmed, too, so you may need to create a custom mode (see the FAQ here in the support section) that includes a rule for everything except the doorbell. Any device without a rule is disarmed.

donbrooks
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. I am in disarmed mode, in fact I rarely used "armed" mode. So that's not the issue. Anyway the problem seems to have magically resolved itself now. No idea what caused the doorbell to chime on motion. Only thing I can think of is that it occurred after we had a lot of rain and the humidity was high, so maybe that effected the electronics.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation