Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Audio doorbell lost power and will not work. Is there a remedy for this?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Sean1l1
Follower
Follower

My Arlo Audio/motion detection doorbell worked great and after 6 months, the power went out and I changed batteries. Now the doorbell will not work at all. How can I contact Arlo, without going through their chat box? I want to see if I need to return it, buy a different system or is it 

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

is about it...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sands47 wrote:

@SkylightPaycard wrote

My Arlo Audio/motion detection doorbell  

I run the doorbell off a Ubiquiti POE switch 

The Audio Doorbell uses AA batteries, so this approach couldn't work with that product.

POE supplies DC power, and the Arlo Video Doorbells both need AC, so that's not a good idea either.

Kovach15
Aspirant
Aspirant
As its name suggests, the Audio Doorbell is an audio-only device; there's no built-in camera. You'll still get a push alert when the doorbell's motion sensor detects activity -- or if someone rings the bell -- but you can only speak to them. You can't see them.
Davis15
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unscrew the doorbell button and touch together the two wires fastened to the back; if the contact between the wires makes the bell ring, then the button is broken and should be replaced. ... If the button isn't the problem, check the bell unit itself. Yours may be an inexpensive bell or a fancier chime unit.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation