Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Audio doorbell issue: Works randomly - not reliable at all

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Ole_BSCEE
Guide
Guide

Arlo Pro3 Configuration:

Configuration installed and running:

2x SmartHubs
7x Arlo Pro3 cameras
1x Audio doorbell   <===== not reliable 
1x Chime                   <===== not reliable 
Arlo application on 2x iPhone 10s (2 users) 
Arlo SMART subscription (2k) for 7 cameras enabled

Details:

SmartHub #1:

HW: VMB4540r2 / FW: 1.15.0.2_371_f7780e1

Camera - Guest entrance: SN: A093997MAxx52 (Purchased 03/2020)

Camera - Main entrance: SN: A0939973AxxC5 (Purchased 03/2020)

Camera - Garage: SN: A093997PAxxAB (Purchased 03/2020)

All cameras: HW: H9 / FW: 1.060.10.12_358_e212922 / Power: Battery

1x Audio doorbell:  SN: 5MJ59CWR9xx8F (Purchased 03/2020)

HW: 1.3 / FW: 1.2.0.0_309_283

1x Chime: SN: A05201WK0xx4C (Purchased 03/2020)

HW: 1.2 / FW: 1.2.0.0_297_266

SmartHub #2:

HW: VMB4540r2 / FW: 1.15.0.2_371_f7780e1

Camera - Kitchen: SN: A093997UBxxA1 (Purchased 01/2020)

Camera - Living room: SN: A0939970AxxD5 (Purchased 01/2020)

Camera - Office: SN: A093997FBxxE3 (Purchased 01/2020)

Camera - Terrace:  SN: A093997HAxxFD (Purchased 01/2020)

Issue(s):

Audio doorbell not reliable as it works very randomly.

Doorbell seems to go in kind of "sleep mode?"  - and sometimes you might press it 2-5+ times before it actually works.

Sometimes it never starts working when you press it even several times - you never know - and it seems to be totally unreliable and useless.

Another issue is that - even language has been set for local language - visitors won't be prompt for leaving a message if doorbell is not answered ?!?

Sometimes visitors just work away and believe nobody is home because the Arlo doorbell simply dosen't ring/work ?!?

ARLO: HOW DO I/WE FIX THIS ANNOYING PROPLEM ?

(.... from some of the community threads I seem not to be alone struggling here ....)

Please also refer to the following video I have made here (youtube):

13 REPLIES 13
Ole_BSCEE
Guide
Guide

Arlo Pro3 Configuration:

Configuration installed and running:

2x SmartHubs
7x Arlo Pro3 cameras
1x Audio doorbell   <===== not reliable =====
1x Chime                   <===== not reliable =====
Arlo application on 2x iPhone 10s (2 users) 
Arlo SMART subscription (2k) for 7 cameras enabled

Details:

SmartHub #1:

HW: VMB4540r2 / FW: 1.15.0.2_371_f7780e1

Camera - Guest entrance: SN: A093997MAxx52 (Purchased 03/2020)

Camera - Main entrance: SN: A0939973AxxC5 (Purchased 03/2020)

Camera - Garage: SN: A093997PAxxAB (Purchased 03/2020)

1x Audio doorbell:  SN: 5MJ59CWR9xx8F (Purchased 03/2020)

HW: 1.3 / FW: 1.2.0.0_309_283

1x Chime: SN: A05201WK0xx4C (Purchased 03/2020)

HW: 1.2 / FW: 1.2.0.0_297_266

SmartHub #2:

HW: VMB4540r2 / FW: 1.15.0.2_371_f7780e1

Camera - Kitchen: SN: A093997UBxxA1 (Purchased 01/2020)

Camera - Living room: SN: A0939970AxxD5 (Purchased 01/2020)

Camera - Office: SN: A093997FBxxE3 (Purchased 01/2020)

Camera - Terrace:  SN: A093997HAxxFD (Purchased 01/2020)

Issue(s):

Audio doorbell not reliable as it works very randomly.

Doorbell seems to go in kind of "sleep mode"?  - and sometimes you might press it 2-5 times before it works.

Sometimes it never starts working when you press it even several times - you never know - and it seems to be totally unreliable and useless.

Another issue is that - even language has been set for local language - visitors won't be prompt for leaving a message if doorbell is not answered ?!?

Sometimes visitors just work away and believe nobody is home because the Arlo doorbell simply dosen't work ?!?

ARLO: HOW DO I/WE FIX THIS ANNOYING PROPLEM ?

Please also refer to the following video I have made on youtube here: 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Ole_BSCEE

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Ole_BSCEE

Thank you for the detailed information. The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Ole_BSCEE
Guide
Guide

@ShayneS 

Thanks, for your efforts.

To adjust my expectations ... when can I expect to have some kind of feed-back from the development team on this issue ?

Br,

Ole

Ole_BSCEE
Guide
Guide

Update: I got the following email from ARLO support today:

Good afternoon.
I want to personally inform you, during your contact to the Arlo Community and live chat session with us, we have initiated escalations based on the information provided.
We acknowledge the problem you have with Arlo Doorbell and Arlo Pro 3 activity zones.
The engineers is currently investigating the cause and possible resolution for these problems.

41579292 - Audio doorbell - button press works inconsistent
41567162 - Pro3 receiving Push Notifications for motion outside Activity Zones
41563106 - Will be logged as duplicate (Pro3 receiving Push Notifications for motion outside Activity Zones)

We apologize for the complexity and inconvenience of these problems, we will keep you update whenever we receive any updates from the relevant team.

Have a great weekend

Sincerely
Arlo Support

I am not completely sure if and when this brings any solutions, but at least ARLO seems to acknowledge the problem I/we/they have with Arlo Doorbell and Arlo Pro 3 activity zones ...

Ole_BSCEE
Guide
Guide

Update: I got the following email from ARLO support today:

Good afternoon.
I want to personally inform you, during your contact to the Arlo Community and live chat session with us, we have initiated escalations based on the information provided.
We acknowledge the problem you have with Arlo Doorbell and Arlo Pro 3 activity zones.
The engineers is currently investigating the cause and possible resolution for these problems.

41567162 - Pro3 receiving Push Notifications for motion outside Activity Zones
41563106 - Will be logged as duplicate (Pro3 receiving Push Notifications for motion outside Activity Zones)

We apologize for the complexity and inconvenience of these problems, we will keep you update whenever we receive any updates from the relevant team.

Have a great weekend

Sincerely
Arlo Support

I am not completely sure if and when this brings any solutions, but at least ARLO seems to acknowledge the problem I/we/they have with Arlo Doorbell and Arlo Pro 3 activity zones ...

Ole_BSCEE
Guide
Guide

HELLO Arlo,

Any update on my Ticket: 

How long do you intend to let you customers hang with no reply ?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Ole_BSCEE

I will look in to your case & have support provide an update for you. Are you still experiencing all the issues noted? 

Has anything changed since your initial Post/Case opened?

Ole_BSCEE
Guide
Guide

@ShayneS - and other ... who still has an interest in the Doorbell 1.3

Well, after waiting 2 months hoping to get some useful information from Arlo I actually gave up ... but since you @ShayneS are now asking if any changes has occurred I changed the batteries in my Arlo doorbell with some fresh ones tonight ... and to my sureprise it seems that the doorbell has improved .... please also refer to the following video:

When I press - now only one time - the doorbell actually makes the chime ring and connect to me and my wife's iPhone's - all in parallel.
When notified on the iPhone(s) you can answer as if it was a phone call and you can open the Arlo app and see the person in front of your door on the connected camera. 

If you don't answer ... the doorbell will after a while prompt the visitor for the option of leaving a "voicemail" message (by pressing one more time). However, even I have configured the language for Danish the pre recorded message for leaving a "voicemail" is in English language - I guess there still a bug here?
I must say that tonight (after two months ... waiting and giving up) I now have some hope that the doorbell might become useful at some point in time.
All I can say is that communication with Arlo on my ticket has been totally useless until now, I can't explain what has been changed from Arlo's side - I can only conclude that the functionality has now improved ... and I hope this will last, and this was not only one lucky night.
Anyone having the same experiences than me ?

Provost112
Aspirant
Aspirant

Really, this works?

Provost112
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Provost112 wrote:

Really, this works?

tried and tested. 

CheapBruiser
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Ole_BSCEE wrote:

@ShayneS - and other ... who still has an interest in the Doorbell 1.3 Telldunkin

Well, after waiting 2 months hoping to get some useful information from Arlo I actually gave up ... but since you @ShayneS are now asking if any changes has occurred I changed the batteries in my Arlo doorbell with some fresh ones tonight ... and to my sureprise it seems that the doorbell has improved .... please also refer to the following video:

When I press - now only one time - the doorbell actually makes the chime ring and connect to me and my wife's iPhone's - all in parallel.
When notified on the iPhone(s) you can answer as if it was a phone call and you can open the Arlo app and see the person in front of your door on the connected camera. 

If you don't answer ... the doorbell will after a while prompt the visitor for the option of leaving a "voicemail" message (by pressing one more time). However, even I have configured the language for Danish the pre recorded message for leaving a "voicemail" is in English language - I guess there still a bug here?
I must say that tonight (after two months ... waiting and giving up) I now have some hope that the doorbell might become useful at some point in time.
All I can say is that communication with Arlo on my ticket has been totally useless until now, I can't explain what has been changed from Arlo's side - I can only conclude that the functionality has now improved ... and I hope this will last, and this was not only one lucky night.
Anyone having the same experiences than me ?

Doorbell seems to go in kind of "sleep mode"?  - and sometimes you might press it 2-5 times before it works.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @CheapBruiser

Have you tried to reboot the doorbell and or change the batteries?

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation