Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Slowhand421
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am connecting my audio doorbell without wiring. What switch setting do I use... position 1, 2 or 3?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@Slowhand421

You can probably use any position then. Try them all and see which one works best.

Brian

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
brh
Master
Master

@Slowhand421

That is determined by the type of chime you are using. If you are using Arlo's digital chime, use position 1. For other digital chimes, if you dont't hear a sound coming from it, use position 3.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have only ever used the Arlo chime (no wiring) and I believe it's on position 2 (middle position). AFAIK, 1 and 3 are for wired chimes.

brh
Master
Master

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/images/Documents/ArloAudioDoorbell/arlo-doorbell-installguide.pdf

Determine whether you have a mechanical or a digital chime. Mechanical chimes usually make a sound like ding dong. Digital chimes can have a variety of sounds, some can play tunes.

1. If you have a mechanical chime, set the chime switch to position 2.

2. If you have a digital chime, set the chime switch to position 1.

Press the doorbell button, listen for a chime. If you don’t hear a chime, remove the doorbell from the battery cover and adjust the chime switch to position 3. Reattach the doorbell, press the doorbell button, and listen for a chime.

Brian

Slowhand421
Aspirant
Aspirant

I should clarify... I do not have a mechanical or digital chime connected to my Arlo Doorbell. It is completely standalone and notifies me only on my phone. So, in that case, what switch setting should I use. ...or maybe I can use any of the 3 switch positions?....

brh
Master
Master

@Slowhand421

You can probably use any position then. Try them all and see which one works best.

Brian

pbarham
Star
Star

Like you, I want to use the doorbell without any chime (just an iPad and iPhone), so I had never even clicked on the 'set up a chime' button.  For some reason this prevented the doorbell's audio *output* working correctly.  I could hear the person at the door (sometimes) but could't talk to them or send a prerecorded message.

After a long time with tech support, I eventually spoke to somebody who told me to put the switch in position 3.  This made the doorbell audio connection to my phone work.  No idea why!  (and there was no mention of position 3 in the manual!)

Slowhand421
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, mine was set to position 2 but seemed to work OK... anyway, I guess I will just try all three positions and see which is best... pretty easy to do!

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation