Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Audio Doorbell battery dead after only 2 weeks

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bscardin
Star
Star

I installed the doorbell almost exactly 2 weeks ago and now the battery has died.  That seems way too short.  Add this to the list of problems I'm having with this doorbell and I'm really starting to think I'll have to return it.  I want to like it but between the delays after button press, hit or miss calls to my phone, annoying forced away message, and now terrible battery life I just don't think it is going to work for me.

4 REPLIES 4
RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Mine is at 82% after 6 weeks. Looking like a 6 month life. The batteries that came in the box might be questionable in quality. Honestly most of the 18% drop was from me playing with it incessantly the first week. After that battery loss has flattened out.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bscardin,

Is there a lot of motion activity that occurs in front of the doorbell? How often is it being used?

JamesC

bscardin
Star
Star
There is quite a bit of motion in front of our house and I’d say it gets rang 1-2 times a day. I am going to set the motion to trigger recording to see how often it goes off.
bscardin
Star
Star

I turned on the motion alert and it really only went off probably 3-4 times a day so it is not being set off by cars on the street or anything.  I'm also suspect of the included batteries.  I'll report back if the new batteries fail in a similar timeframe.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation