Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Bunnaros1
Guide
Guide

When someone press to ring doorbell, there's no way to for me to answer or hang up call. It will still be on and I cant find a way to stop it. I have to go into my phone setting and force close the app. I am using samsung galaxy note 8.

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reinstall the app first as well as reboot the phone.

Bunnaros1
Guide
Guide

@jguerdat

Hello Guru,
I have try that procedure many times and still doorbell system not working the way it should. There's no problem on my wife iphone. On my Samsing note 8, I cant find a way to get back on to the call with doorbell or cant found a way to hang up without having to force close Arlo app in my phone setting. I spoke with customer support today and after explaining the problem. They said they'll reach back out to me. Still waiting.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you contacted customer support regarding this issue?

Bunnaros1
Guide
Guide
Hello, yes and still waiting with no lock. I am still having problems with the doorbell and my phone. Samsung not 8
Altomom
Tutor
Tutor

Did you ever get an answer about this?  I have a Samsung and this happens to me.  Doorbell is rung and my phone will ring and ring and ring and I cannot answer or shut it off.  Very frustrating.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Altomom,

What version of the Arlo Mobile App are you using?

Altomom
Tutor
Tutor
Version 2.7.1_23406

Released 01/18/19
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Altomom

What Phone are you experiencing this issue with? Do you have the latest OS installed? Have you tried to clear the cache & remove/reinstall the Arlo Mobile App?

Bunnaros1
Guide
Guide
Hi,
I think arlo fixed the issue, because now I can scroll down my home screen and press icon for doorbell and it'll go to the answer/ end screen for doorbell which is paired with pro 2 camera. There is still some glitch to it, but I haven't had time to waste in figuring it out. No, Arlo support service is very poor and like everbody else you would have to figure out yourself or hope Arlo hear you and push a fix update to their system. Sorry you are dealing with the same frustration and disappointment most of us are having with Arlo.
Altomom
Tutor
Tutor

I have a Samsung Galaxy 7S & I just checked my phone and it says it is up to date.  I can try removing and reinstalling the Arlo app.  Just so frustrating to spend so much money on something and I cannot even answer when someone rings the doorbell, nor can I even see who is at my door because my phone won't stop ringing or close out the screen.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Altomom

I could not replicate this with my Note 9, I suggest contacting customer support regarding the issue to further investigate? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation