Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo audio doorbell - no sound when pressed

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Looking to check with others: my audio doorbell used to have a sound when someone pressed it to let them know they've pressed it. No more. The result is that a delivery man pressed the button 7 times in succession triggering my chime to ring seven times in succession also. Unnecessarily. 

Hope it's not yet another crazy idea by dev team to remove that sound...

6 REPLIES 6
Edinburgh_lad
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've resolved the issue by removing batteries for 10 min. 

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I've removed the batteries for a few minutes and that has resolved the issue.

Kimberlopez23
Aspirant
Aspirant

It sounds like the audio doorbell you are using no longer has the sound that confirms the button has been pressed. This can be an inconvenience as it can lead to multiple presses and unnecessary chime ringing.

Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue: Rebaid

• Check the settings of your audio doorbell and see if the "button press confirmation sound" option can be enabled.
  • Check the documentation or the website of the manufacturer of the audio doorbell to see if there's a firmware update that could address this issue.
  • Check if the problem is with the doorbell button itself, try cleaning it and checking if the problem persist.
  • If the problem persists, try contacting the manufacturer's customer support for further assistance.

It is unfortunate that the developers have removed this feature, It is certainly an important aspect of the doorbell's functionality, as it lets the user know that the button has been pressed.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Thanks for your response. 

Removing batteries and resetting the doorbell didn't work this time.

However, while I had my 2.4 WiFi switched off at the router, to which the base station was connected, with a Devolo WiFi (2.4 and 5GHz) access point further away, I noticed that the doorbell wasn't working. This was regardless of how close the doorbell was to the base station.

Bizarrely, switching the 2.4G WiFi back on on the router has resolved the issue. 

Are base stations used as signal repeaters?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Edinburgh_lad1 wrote:

Are base stations used as signal repeaters?

No, so it's not clear why toggling wifi in the router would have changed anything in the doorbell. 

Did you check if the cameras connected to the base station off-line when the doorbell stopped workiing? 

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

All is online. Signal strength was very good. It's an Edwardian property with brick walls.

If anyone with an audio doorbell would like to experiment by switching off the 2.4 WiFi on their router, then please let me know your findings.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation