Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
vancouver
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello,

Don't know where to comment on this, so posted here.  

Is anyone else having issues with contacting Arlo Support?  It sure takes a long time to get someone on the line, and there are is no email contact support.  I have called about a doorbell and camera gray screen and capatability issue several times with no further progress.  A support case number exists, and every time I phone asking for a third level support person, the entry level person starts to look into the issue for an hour later or so and ends up moving me to the third level support originally requested.  There's no means to contact a third level support directly, so every time you call Arlo, the process starts again.  The hours wasted on hold to get to talk to someone in this day and age of so called "advanced technology" you would think Arlo could handle the support requests in a timley manner.  We alsways get the "were extremely busy" comment, while the automated message also indicates that "someone will be with you shortly".  Funny, automated message kicked in when I was on hold for 1h:03m and had to laugh!  Anyone else having this issue?

5 REPLIES 5
EHamb1
Guide
Guide

Just out of curiosity do you actually end up talking to the third level support?  If so what do they tell you?  Anything would be more than we can get on here.

vancouver
Apprentice
Apprentice

Still at second level.  They are workig on it.  Finally had someone contact me this past week.  They still do not have a resolution.  

Genr
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have just opened the box am going through setup. Base station firmware needs update. 2 attempts fail. Defective base station?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Genr

I have a few questions for you.

-What is the error message you receive?

-Have you tried to reboot your base station?

RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
If your doorbell does not do the firmware update, you may have to do what I did.

Delete the base station and all devices. Start over from scratch, adding the base station first.

A total pita, but that was the only way, for me.

Ps: While it was a time consuming pain, it was faster than waiting for Arlo cs. When I re-added the base station, it updated its firmware for the first time. Rebooting etc had never worked, and the firmware previously said “up to date”. Once the base updated its firmware during the re-add, the doorbell updated its firmware when re-adding.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation