Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Doorbell will not recognize my phone. Someone else initially set up my system. Need new admin

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
kathyw
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, My contractor set up my system while I was out of town. I have made myself the admin, deleted everything off of his phone, made myself the admin. No matter what I do, the doorbell will not recognize my phone. It will only ring his phone. I must have done a hard reset on this doorbell a dozen times and it will not recognize my phone. Before I return this doorbell, is there any way to reset it and set a new administrator?
3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master

@kathyw 

Remove the doorbell from the account and re-install it using your phone number.

Brian

kathyw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately that did not work after multiple attempts. I ended up having to do a re-set and then immediately after that a sync with my phone. The sequence was 10 sec reset/sync on the doorbell, then another 3 sec reset/sync then a 3 sec hold of the sync button on the top of the base. I had to do this with the chime as well. Easy enough once customer service explained that to me but nowhere online or in any of the literature is this explained. The customer service guy was very helpful but it does make me wonder if they are just giving you enough info to get by but if you have any questions after 90 days, you have to pay for help.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@kathyw wrote:

The customer service guy was very helpful but it does make me wonder if they are just giving you enough info to get by but if you have any questions after 90 days, you have to pay for help.

AT this time, there's no cost for support regardless of what the documentation says. Whether that remains in the future is unknown but folks are using free support even after the warranty period is up.  The docs are seemingly a hold-over from the Netgear days where the networking devices have this issue.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation