Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Doorbell speaker/mic vs Arlo Pro2 speaker/mic

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
tims0891
Guide
Guide

I have the Arlo Pro 2 paired with my Arlo Doorbell and they are both located right at the front door together less than 5 feet away from each other. I know both devices offer the two way communication audio option. I also understand that the Arlo Doorbell offers full duplex audio in order to eliminate delay...my questions... Would having the two way audio speaker/mic active on the doorbell be enough of a reason to turn this function off on my Arlo Pro 2 camera? Any benefits to having both the Pro 2 and the doorbell speaker/mic function active at the same time? Does the doorbell take priority over the Pro 2 camera two way audio it is paired to if there is an alert from the doorbell from doorbell sensitivity activity or button press of the doorbell? I assume that if the doorbell senses motion, it will trigger the camera it is pair to and utilize the camera audio. It is only when the doorbell button is pressed where the doorbell audio will take priority over the camera it is paired to. Thoughts anyone? Advice anyone? Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tims0891,

If you disable the microphone on your camera, the video that the camera records will not have sound. If you want those videos to have sound, you'll want to leave the microphone enabled. Is there a specific reason you're wanting to disable the audio on the camera? I don't think there is any benefit to doing so if you are looking to capture audio in your recorded content.

JamesC

tims0891
Guide
Guide

I wasn't looking to disable the microphone in the camera. Basically I was asking which device takes presidence in handling the audio when the arlo doorbell button is pressed. Is it the doorbell handling all the audio work or is it the camera the doorbell is linked too dealing with al the audio work?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since the doorbell is closer than the camera (usually), the doorbell mic will do the recording, making it noticeably louder.

tims0891
Guide
Guide
Thanks for the answer.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation