Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Doorbell issues with battery depletion and motion. Deleted and reinstalled.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dhjpais
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I posted recently with a battery depletion problems on my Arlo doorbell (audio version). Having tried all manner of things it seems a reset sorted it, however problems continued and I ended up deleting the doorbell and chime and reinstalling them. All seemed well but now the alert that I like set up so the chime goes off when someone approaches the doorbell is going off regularly and falsely. Seems the motion detection is giving continual and false alerts. I have turned off the action / notification but would like to know if anyone has a solution to this. It was working perfectly before all this, people would come up to the door, the chime would go off - all good. It is not useable in this set up now and really annoying. Can anyone help me please?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When I faced this sort of thing, I turned off doorbell detection and used a nearby camera instead. Do you have a camera set up like this?

Dhjpais
Aspirant
Aspirant
I do and that might be a solution, however I am struggle to keep it in synch at all, at the moment. Came back from work and it has gone again. Never had a single problem with the doorbell before this and now it seems to have multiple issues.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Might just be a faulty device. Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation