Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

greengreenleaf
Initiate
Initiate

I've setup my Arlo Pro 2 base station, (x2) Arlo Pro 2 cameras and Arlo Pro Doorbell (Model: AAD1001, Firmware:1.2.0.0_275_250). The cameras detect motion and record video as expected but I am unable to see video after answering a call from the Doorbell on my iPhone X. I have tried resetting the Doorbell, pairing and unpairing the Doorbell with the 2 cameras and still only see a progress icon where the video should be displayed. If I look in the library after answering the call from the Doorbell there is only audio and no video. Not sure what I am missing. 

IMG_3052.pngIMG_3053.pngIMG_3054.png

146 REPLIES 146
Lokie
Tutor
Tutor

GREAT NEWS FOLKS! It’s working.

The Arlo doorbelll will now display video on your phone when the doorbell is pressed. It will show the video if your phone is either on wi-fi or LTE. I noticed a couple of days ago that it was working and have tried several times since. IT WORKS!

Arlo must have fixed the problem and updated the software I think; THANKS ARLO.

Raambo
Guide
Guide
I am also having the same issue. I also just found another issue today. Wondering if anyone else is having the following issue.

I had a package delivered and he rang the doorbell. I answered it via phone. No video of course and by the time I click the link to bring up the app with the video he was gone.

The issue now is because the video was recording the doorbell now I have no video of who was actually at the door. I do not have a video of him dropping the package off. This can become a serious security issue as packages are being stolen. I will have to test this out but how it seems if you hit the doorbell you will have time to bypass being recorded.

Has anyone else had this issue or noticed it?
Rotorhead775
Guide
Guide
Haven’t had that one happen. Someone said the video display issue is fixed, I took our arlo crap down and returned it. But my neighbor still has his. Still has problems. Mine always recorded okay though. You just couldn’t watch it live. I could always go back and watch the video clip with two way audio after the fact though lol
BMW5MT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Lokie - Is it still working for you?

Pops35
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem. Doorbell rings, phone rings but no camera or option to reply. Doorbell speaker volume to soft when set on loud. I’ve paired the doorbell with camera and base at least five times. Still no results.
EHamb1
Guide
Guide

So I read above that one person had their video start working again.  I had our doorbell boxed up to return but decided I would give it another try to see if the issue had been fixed.  Connected doorbell back to the base but I still get the same trouble.  Audio is good but no video from the camera.  Turn WiFi off on the phone and both audio and video work.  Since no one from Arlo is replying to this post anymore maybe they are accidentally overlooking our messages.  Perhaps it would be helpful to them if everyone having the issue would start new posts to help catch their eyes.

EHamb1
Guide
Guide

First I apologize for making a second post for an issue that already has a post with multiple pages of messages.  I was afraid the previous post may have slipped through the cracks since it has been a month since anyone from Arlo has responded. That perhaps no one was seeing post after post of people asking for an update or just an acknowledgement that this was still being worked on.  If it had slipped through the cracks or if you have been working on the issue the whole time could you just post a message stating that in the other thread?   It would really go a long way in reassuring your customers that our satisfaction with Arlo products is a top priority.  Thank you.

Stevet819
Tutor
Tutor

Any response from Arlo yet on this issue? I have a call in on this issue since end of Nov. They seem very clueless the few times I actually spoke to them. Anytime I email them asking for an update I get a stupid auto reply saying the message below but never get a call or email back for status. I am not impressed at all with the support!!!

Arlo Support -
We have received your email.
We would like to acknowledge the receipt of your email.
An expert will review your query and respond to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Arlo Support.
Rotorhead775
Guide
Guide
Welcome to the arlo doorbell drama. You were right with your guess, they do not have a clue. I took all our arlo “crap” down and most of it went back. Couldn’t return the door bell and o few cameras so kept them just to see if they’d fix it. Still no answer. Forced to accept they could care less since one of their support employees replied to this thread and hasn’t been heard from since.
Rotorhead775
Guide
Guide
Save your money, get a dog. My German Shepherd can bark when someone’s at the door, and not show video. And I already have her. Why do I need a useless arlo doorbell? I’ve spent about the same on both and the dog has been the much more rewarding relationship. She actually listens when I call. Unlike arlo support
hotrodred
Aspirant
Aspirant

Experiencing the same problem as what I've seen with the audio doorbell, Model AAD1001,  and paired camera not displaying video on my Iphone X, IOS 12.1.2. All I get when answering is a grey area with the rotating circle in the middle, then after a mintue or so, it disconnects. Can look at the camera and the video is there but nothing when trying to view and answer from my phone. Called Tech support, got a case number, 40658551, but they were absolutely no help what so ever so it looks as if I may be stuck with about 150.00 dollars worth of useless equipment. Cameras are fine, just the doorbell does not work as advertised. If anyone has an answer, I would love to hear it.

Amyliz
Guide
Guide
I have no problems with my cameras. I wouldn’t return those. The doorbell is completely useless as it is now. I returned mine. Still very happy with the cams.
EHamb1
Guide
Guide

I also have had no issues with my cameras or security lights but with the lack of response to these posts I could see why someone would return other Arlo products as well.  I mean just imagin if the next issue that comes up makes it where you can't see video on any of the cameras.  Is this the same type of response we should expect to get then?  What really makes it so frusterating is that most post on here aren't demanding an immediate fix just some type of acknowledgement that they are still working on it.  To top it off I actually started a new thread hoping to get noticed.  Someone actually took the time to merge the thread with this one but could even post anything.  That seems like a deliberate act of ignoring us customers.   

Rotorhead775
Guide
Guide
My issue is exactly that. I’m not supporting a company with my money and support that shows so much disdain for their customers. As you said, if you don’t have a fix for it, fine. But at least acknowledge the problem and say “we’re trying our best to find a solution” not just ignore the countless customers having issues with something advertised to help “secure” your property and family. That’s BS
hotrodred
Aspirant
Aspirant
Took mine back to Best Buy after my initial post. They exchanged it and I thought ok, maybe I did have a bad one. Guess what, same results and this time the chime that was previously attached to the base/doorbell wouldn’t pair this time. So all this junk will go back to Best Buy and there won’t be an exchange this time. If it wasn’t so much damn trouble, I’d pull the cameras too but they are working ok.
TChristie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there. Our Arlo 2 Camera works perfectly and when I stream video from it it works perfectly and shows the whole camera view, but when I ring the Arlo chime and doorbell it doesnt work the same. The app rings on my phone and I am able to answer it and hear audio and see a top slither of the camera view but the rest of the camera view is greyed out. Ive attached a photo to show you what I mean. Can anyone help please?

Sircoynie
Apprentice
Apprentice
Waited months for this to come out in the UK...got mine yesterday and it is PLAGUED with issues!!!

I will give it a couple of weeks and return if not fixed. I am starting to get to the point of wanting to move completely away from Arlo, the products and support now is becoming an ABSOLUTE JOKE!
willyd81
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have thre exact same issue of no video working when someone rings but I also have the issue that it disconnects after 10 seconds.  Seems to be flawed but unfortionatly I can't return mine.  Camera's are great but this doorbell is a joke.

Vermont05495
Tutor
Tutor

I have discovered something I would like validated by another member of the Arlo community. I have an Arlo doorbell / Chime paired with a Arlo Camera on Comcast Wifi system and paired to a Iphone 6S. I noticed when the doorbell is activated and alerts the phone, if I answer on the phone the problem is as previously reported (no video) however "if" while wearing my bluetooth headset and answer via the answer button on the headset the video is activated.  The caviat is Wifi on the phone need to be turned off. The video is not recorded however my doorbell is on a work bench and note actually mounted by the door being covered by the camera. I would like to have this validated and perhaps communicated to the Arlo developement team.

Rotorhead775
Guide
Guide
Just tried it for you on ours. Still doesn’t work for me., via Bluetooth headset or a wired head set. Tried both over lte and WiFi. Doorbell is on wall near camera. Both on same basestation. As for relaying it to Arlo, good luck. Three pages of nothing from them. Months of a non working product.
Vermont05495
Tutor
Tutor
Ok Check out the photo attached. I duplicated it again. Doorbell turns on the video.
pascaldormal
Tutor
Tutor

Works on LTE, not on Wifi

ierick7
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently got the Doorbell which I thought was video so I could move my camera.  To my dismay it wasn't! 

My next thing after setting it up, and syncing to the camera is when someone rings the Doorbell I just see a black screen with either answer or decline, but no preview of who is actually there.  How do I fix this?  I've updated the firmware, but to no resolution.  If there's not a preview then I very well may return it since it is pretty much worthless as what it should be!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ierick7

To view the person when the Arlo Audio Doorbell is pressed, you will need to answer the incoming call. You may choose to mute the mic under Devices > Device Settings > (Doorbell Call) Call Settings >  Mute. This will allow you to view the camera without the individaul knowing you are watching.

schumaku
Master
Master

In either case the camera associated with the doorbell is already streaming, triggered by the PIR, so the camera is fully operational providing the same stream to say at least selected Arlo mobile App clients should be feasible in my opinion.

---
Please click on thumbs up if this answer was useful - thank you!