Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Doorbell Devices Page Doesn't Let Me Enable Chime & Calls

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jmlemay
Guide
Guide

In the Arlo Audio Doorbell setup page of the Android app, I cannot enable both Incoming Calls and Traditional Chime. If I try to enable both, then they both turn OFF. Is this a bug in the app or intended behavior? Even when I'm not home, other people might be. So I want the mechanical chime to ring whenever someone pushed the button. But I also want the incoming call in the event that no one is home. Thoughts?

11 REPLIES 11
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @jmlemay,

Have you tried this on the web portal as well? What version of the Arlo Mobile App are you using?

jmlemay
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the reply @ShayneS.  Good idea to check out the web portal - but I just looked and there is no control on the portal for AAD calling features.

I'm using the latest version of the Android app:  2.7.0_23403 - released on 01/07/2019.

Are you saying that both incoming calls _AND_ mechanical chime should be able to work simultaneously?  If I'm forced to pick one or the other, then I'd always choose the chime.  And in that case, there was no point in buying the device as I already had a mechanical doorbell button.  😞

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to reboot the base station & test this again? You should be able to select which option you would like to silent.

There is a newer version of the Arlo Mobile App 2.7.1. available.  It was released on Jan 21st. I have attached the link to the Firmware release notes if you would like to look at that as well. Can you update to this version and check the settings again. 

Firmware release Notes

Dwr1208
Tutor
Tutor

VMS3330 is my model number and I am having the same problem. I don’t receive calls when door bell rings. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Dwr1208

When did this issue occur? Have you updated to the latest Arlo Mobile App?

jmlemay
Guide
Guide

@ShayneS thanks again for the response.

I received the AAD as a holiday gift from my wife.The device was installed less than 4 weeks ago and the problem has been present ever since the installation.

I just upgraded the app verison to 2.7.1, and rebooted the base station.  Same behavior.  I'm able to disable the chime and calls independently or together.  But I still cannot enable them both together.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jmlemay

These option should be enabled by default to call your phone & chime. Are the toggles bouncing back when enabled or disabled?

jmlemay
Guide
Guide

@ShayneS 

Well I just feel stupid.  I was putting together some screenshots to show you what I see.  That's when I realized that I misunderstood the "silent mode" slider.  Turns out that when silent mode is toggled off, then calls+chime work together.  I wouldn't call this very intuitive, but at least I have it working now.  Thanks for your help!

Screenshot_20190123-201645.jpgScreenshot_20190123-201657.jpg

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You are welcome!

I am glad you figured it out. Let me know if you have any further questions & I will do my best to help you out.

Dwr1208
Tutor
Tutor

Now the door bell doesn’t work at all.  I have tried the instructions given to reset the bell but nothing.   I’m beginning to think I wasted 80 dollars for a two old item. Any help is appreciated.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can always swap at the store if new enough or open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation