Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Doorbell Crashes Android App

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
alias2alias
Aspirant
Aspirant

With the Android app running (but phone in standby - LG 30+) the app always crashes when the doorbell is pressed (with the familiar "unfortunately arlo has stopped" message).  However I have since loaded it onto my ipad and it works every time (the android version still crashes every time).  If I have the android phone unlocked and the app running then the doorbell works every time on android just not when the phone is in standby/locked.  Interestingly all the notifications from the cameras still come through fine when locked so the problem is with the doorbell/VOIP triggering of the app.  I've tried all the usual, clearing cache, clearing data, removing the app, excluding the app from power management to keep it running, I've even tried the 5 previous versions of the android app going back to October.  Is this just a badly written app or is there something else I should try?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like an issue with the phone. While a factory reset of the phone may be needed, first try force stopping the app and clearing both cache and data. Uninstall and reinstall the app. ANy luck?

alias2alias
Aspirant
Aspirant

Done all that.  It does the same on an LG G6 phone also.  Many user are reporting lots of problems with the android app so think this might be another problem for the list.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation