Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Doorbell Battery Life. Only lasting 2 days. Tried using proper batteries & increased 7-8 days.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Leegatehouse3
Tutor
Tutor

I have just received a replacement doorbell which was supplied with Duracell batteries and within 2 days the battery are empty, this was the same on my previous doorbell so I had purchased the correct Alkaline batteries from Amazon as suggested by the Arlo community, although this did increase the battery life to 7/8 days before they need replacing. I have full wifi signal, everything is switched off so I do not get notifications and it is no longer linked to my camera, so basically an expensive doorbell which is as much use as a chocolate fireguard!!!!!! 

The performance is shocking, to the point I do not know how Arlo can sell a product with such bad performance.

I was expecting to find pages of complaints about the same topic but to my surprise, there wasn't.  Surely I haven't had two faulty doorbells, apart from everything I have tried any other ideas or suggestions.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Full strength signal doesn't eliminate 2.4GHz interference from other nearby devices. You might want to bring the doorbell to a different location to see if the battery life changes as well as checking for any wireless devices that use 2.4GHz near either the doorbell or base.

Is the doorbell in a location where tons of people walk past, triggering detection?

Leegatehouse3
Tutor
Tutor

I'm not 100% sure but I would imagine I am using a lot of devices running on 2.4ghz. as this is the most common one to use, isn't it?

I shall try placing the doorbell in a different part of the house, The doorbell is close to the pavement but it is a back street so not a lot of footfall and I have already turned everything off to preserve the battery and it still didn't make a difference.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation