Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Chime did not ring

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Murre444
Follower
Follower

Hi all,

Out of the blue one day the chime did not ring when the doorbell whas pushed. We did miss some package deliveries and did not understand until my son told me he had pushed the doorbell but it did not ring. I checked the arlo app and did see the doorbell and it was connected but did not work. The batteries i new and I changed them in order to make sure it was not that. It made a strange noise when the button got pressen (a chime of some sort) but did not active the Arlo ultra paired camera nor the chime. Uninstalled the camera in order to add again but it does not work. Searched in this forum and saw that you can reset to factory settings but it did not work as well. The base station cannot find the doorbell. All of my 7 cameras work, my security lights too, but simply not the doorbell, what to do?

* I have changed to new batteries

* Removed the doorbell and tried to add it again

* made sure that the network was 2.4 ghz

* booth the Phone and the base station is on the same network

* factory reset was done 

* tried different settings in the backside of the doorbell (1,2,3)

* tried different distances between the base station and the doorbell (0-15 meters)

I googled feel like that I’ve read everything online - but nothing seems to work.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since this may be a hardware issue, use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation