Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Doorbell Battery Depletion

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dhjpais
Aspirant
Aspirant
I love all things Arlo. The doorbell was a welcome addition to our system as we spend a lot of time in our lofty garden in Wales. So, it is ideal as it calls our mobiles when pressed. With Xmas I moved the chime to another location for the tree lights to use that socket. Since doing this I am finding that the battery in the doorbell is not lasting very well at all! Initially only last a single day!!! Moving the chime back to its original location has improved this but new batteries went in yesterday and it is already showing 50% depletion. Reading other related threads I gather the chime is irrelevant and it is likely poor signal from the Arlo box??? Not sure what I can do about this and would appreciate advice. The only other thing that has changed is I have installed a Deco Mesh System but I cannot logically see how this would have cause the issue.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dhjpais
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. After burning through 8 batteries trying to find the problem, I think it has been solved with a simple 10 second reset of the device.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's true that the chime has nothing to do with the audio doorbell operation/battery but it's possible that moving it (and maybe a few other things?) has caused blockage or some sort of interference between the doorbell and base. You could try moving the base to see if that makes a difference.

Dhjpais
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. After burning through 8 batteries trying to find the problem, I think it has been solved with a simple 10 second reset of the device.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation