Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
LBLAL
Guide
Guide

Hello,

Recently i realized my arlo doorbell device did ring the door chime but did not call my phone on first press however the subsequent press doorbell will trigger the call to my phone as usual.  In addition, I noticed on the first press button, doorbell device prompts the message "to leave a message please press doorbell again"  and it will take minute or so before 2nd press button can trigger the ring as well as calling the phone.  As far as i know, i changed to new android S10+ but i did not see the issue described above until last 2 weeks or so.   What I'd done was removing device and sysned it back to the base as well as followed doorbell factory reset but the issue is still exist.  Anyone have any advice?  Thanks

15 REPLIES 15
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @LBLAL,

Have you tried checking your Doorbell settings to make sure that it is not on silent mode through your Arlo app on your phone device? You can check here to make sure: How do I enable silent mode on my Arlo Audio Doorbell?

LBLAL
Guide
Guide
It's not on silent mode cuz i still receive call notification on 2nd press. I think the issue was the setting on the phone didn't take effect immediately when you change/play with ... i confirmed the doorbell now functions as it should. Thx for checking and reply to my post
LBLAL
Guide
Guide

it exhibits same behavior again... I meant doorbell prompts message "To leave message, press door ..." instead of calling my phone device... i do check the setting in phone appl or online, silent mode is off.  Could have been a defective doorbell?   

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

What phone device are you using? And try to log out of the app, uninstall, restart your phone, and reinstall to see if that helps.

LBLAL
Guide
Guide

i have Samsung S10+.  Did follow your instructions, it works as it should as first then it exhibit same issue as report earlier intermittently but consistently.  I believe it could be a defective doorbell if noone experiences same as what i am seeing now

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I'll send you a private message to gather more information from you regarding this.

Cable
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue with my Note 8. My wife's iPhone rings do I think this issue is Android app/Samsung problem? Any ideas?
LBLAL
Guide
Guide
Thx for posting same issue i reported here. It could have been issue specific to device like android vs iOS. My case escalated to LV2 support. No resolution yet
LBLAL
Guide
Guide
Problem still exists so arlo created RMA in exchange new doorbell
bowserb46
Apprentice
Apprentice

My doorbell originally called both our iPhones.  A couple weeks ago it just stopped calling.  We've upated iOS, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, checked settings, and I just spent an hour and a half on a chat with Royce who ran out of ideas, so his only solution was to give me a case number and discontinue our chat.  I'm already on my second doorbell, thanks to the low/no volume issue.  The new doorbell only improved the volume slightly.  Now I can't even test it since the calls to our phones is gone.  

If I press a second time to "leave a message" the phone still doesn't ring, but a couple minutes later, I get a notification that a voicemail message has been left.  But there is no indication of a call and no voicemail message.  Are we sure Arlo isn't part of the federal government?

bowserb46
Apprentice
Apprentice

Update.  I removed my wife's phone from the account, so that we could isolate and track down the problem.  Of course, Royce was unable to track anything down, and could only have me uninstall and reinstall.  I was curious about the case where the second press of the button--the press again to leave a message option--allowed the Arlo to contact the phone, so I tried it, and it didn't contact my iPhone.  However, a few minutes later, my wife called and said her phone got two notifications, not that she could access anything.  So Arlo couldn't find my iPhone but it did notify my wife who had been removed from the account.

This was truly the last draw.  I did what I should have in the first place.  I contacted my security professional, and he is going to install a doorbell/camera that works with my existing surveillance system and onsite DVR.  It will not work with Alexa but will work with my existing doorbell and phones.   I'll send this to my son in law if he wants to tinker with it or it will go into my box of useless electronic junk.

LBLAL
Guide
Guide

looks like doorbell also has issue with iphone as well.  recommendation to ask for RMA and try new one.  Hope that works so we are not going back and forth with support.  Geez, i hope the same for my open case too.

LBLAL
Guide
Guide

Just got a replacment/exchange doorbell and it works as it should be so far

LBLAL
Guide
Guide
Well it worked for few days then issue occurred once again intermittently... believe it's sw/firmware bugs. Try another RMA, not really just deal with it and unfortunately don't want to replace whole system due to costing wisely... it's reallly annoying. Arlo needs to step up to provide better products for consumers.
bowserb46
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks LB.  Your story is too familiar.  I'm not going to bother, since I know that any fix will be short term only, if at all, since other fixes failed from the beginning.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation