Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
expresso88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Purchased the Arlo's audio door bell. After many attempts and a re-set , it will still not sync to the hub/model VMB4000 r3. Batteries are new, door bellis 5" from hub, and hub is on the network.

Can anyone help...

Thanks !

Cazz

14 REPLIES 14
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You say the base is on the network - what are the LEDs showing? If at least the power and Internet LEDs are green you may just have a faulty doorbell and swapping at the store would be the fastest resolution.

expresso88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Chime 2 install to wireless , after the bar code part of the installation, it ask for to access a Arlo_4607, then it goes to a password section with a shaded (unchanged) on the line. Although it shows on my network, Not sure what the 4607 is ( I think it is a camera) or what the password could be. Is it the Hubs password.. Please help !

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@expresso88 wrote:

Chime 2 install to wireless , after the bar code part of the installation, it ask for to access a Arlo_4607,Although it shows on my network, Not sure what the 4607 is ( I think it is a camera) or what the password could be. 

Arlo_4607 is a temporary network created by the chime 2, which is only used for setup.  You shouldn't need to enter a password.

Later on in setup, you'll need to give the chime 2 your actual home network name and password.

expresso88
Aspirant
Aspirant
So, after I scan the code on the back of the chime 2, it the opens a box looking for a password to connect the 4607. This is where the shaded word unchanged is. I put my wireless password and push connect, but it keeps on saying can not authenticat. PW is correct. This is were I get stuck. Thanks for your help..could use a little more...
expresso88
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. Finally got the audio door bell to work, now it's the chime 2 device. Followed the set up, scanned bar code, comes up with the the dialog to connect the Arlo 4670 to the wireless network. Tried many times and won't connect. No option after it fails just to try again. All on the same network, password is good. Android device, downloaded 3.5 Arlo app. Spent many hours wasted in this loop. Any direction would be appreciated.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@expresso88 wrote:
 I put my wireless password and push connect, 

What happens if you don't change the password field?

expresso88
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. Finally got the audio door bell to work, now it's the chime 2 device. Followed the set up, scanned bar code, comes up with the the dialog to connect the Arlo 4670 to the wireless network. Tried many times and won't connect. No option after it fails just to try again. All on the same network, password is good. Android device, downloaded 3.5 Arlo app. Spent many hours wasted in this loop. Any direction would be appreciated.
expresso88
Aspirant
Aspirant
If I leave the shaded (unchanged) in the field I get the same results.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try using a computer aimed at my.arlo.com to add the chime.

expresso88
Aspirant
Aspirant
The computer myarlo.con app does not show a chime 2 as a possible add on device. Everything has to go through the mobile app. Still no luck getting the chime 2 recognized on the wireless network through the mobile app process.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yeah, I just checked and see that - sorry for the wrong direction.

expresso88
Aspirant
Aspirant

No worries. Still trying but after two days of it I am about to send it back.  No response from Arlo, Chime 2 not even listed as a device on the model pull down.  Have no Idea why it won't connect to my wireless.  I am an IT guy, so I have some idea of what I am doing. Such a simple device should be a breeze to set up.   Any thoughts let me know.    Thanks!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi expresso88,

Try referring to this article if you're having trouble adding your Chime 2 to your Arlo account: What do I do when Arlo fails to discover my Arlo Chime 2?

Hniv
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the problem of connecting to Chime 2.

1- Deleted the Arlo app on my mobile

2- Reloaded the Arlo app from the App Store

3- Allowed Arlo to connect to my local devices ( I am not sure if this is absolutely needed or not)

4- Followed the process of connecting my Chime 2

This time it did connect and completed the process.  Now the Chime works

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation