Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Audio Doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
hitahguja
Follower
Follower

Any idea on how to get my doorbell camera to record to my hub? My pro 2 cameras are functional and record, but my doorbell won't record at all.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@hitahguja wrote:

Any idea on how to get my doorbell camera to record to my hub? My pro 2 cameras are functional and record, but my doorbell won't record at all.

Can you tell us what doorbell model you have?  (AVD1001 or AVD2001).  You posted this in the audio doorbell section (and the audio doorbell has no camera).  Also, what hub you have.

Two things that many folks don't know about their system...

• While your pro 2 cameras were sold with 7 days of cloud storage, the doorbell (like all current cameras) doesn't have that feature.  The doorbell requires a subscription to get cloud storage.
  • Also, while the VMB4000 and VMB4500 hubs support local recording, they do not support playback. If you have one of those bases (likely you do), then any recordings you see in the app or on my.arlo.com are in the cloud.  The only way to see local recordings with those hubs is to eject the storage and connect it to a PC.  Then search the storage for your videos.

The net here is that your problem is likely a result of not have an Arlo secure subscription for the doorbell.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation