Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
caeptn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Finding out that I had to also buy a separate base station after I bought the Arlo Audio, I didn't expect that the installation will go smoothly and I already regret my purchase greatly. But since I have everything that is required for the most expensive doorbell of my life, I want to make use of the features promised.

When I press the AAD100 (I have it connected to the VMB3000), I receive a call on my iPhone XS (iOS 14.5.1). When I pick up it says "Connecting..." on the iPhone but nothings connects. I tried:

- Off & on VMB3000

- Off & on AAD1001

- Reset AAS1001

- logging out and logging in the Arlo App on iPhone

- uninstalling & installing the Arlo App on iPhone

What else can I do?

6 REPLIES 6
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi caeptn,

Is this happening on WiFi and/or cellular data? Try also moving the Arlo Audio Doorbell closer to the Base Station as a test to see if that may help too.

dagnfra
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have the some problem. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi dagnfra,

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? Have you also tried the troubleshooting what was suggested above?

caeptn
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is happening on WiFi and 3g. I moved 30 cm to the base station to set everything up. Nothing worked until I switched off the router and bell for 2 days. Now I receive call only I cannot hear them because the volume from the doorbell speaker is too low.

caeptn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Whenever I receive calls from the doorbell, the sound quality from the one talking into the bell is very poor. I can barely here that someone is there.

Whenever the doorbell is not in its mount/case, the quality is much better. What can I do to fix this?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation