Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Audio Doorbell issues with chime crackling and shows solid white indefinitely.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
laurihold78
Follower
Follower

Has anyone here got the Arlo Audio Doorbell?

I picked one up last week and haven’t been able to get it to work reliably. I have two main issues:

1. The Chime when it sounds crackles and pops and the chime cuts in and out. It does this about 80% of the time I’ve tested it so far.

2. The doorbell will work but the ring will then remain solid white indefinitely, I’ve go the phone call option off but the doorbell will act as if it is mid-call and will stay that way until the doorbell is rung again and sometimes it requires a 3rd press to get the white light to go off again

I’ve tried removing and re-pairing the devices, I’ve rebooted my Arlo Pro (1) hub, I’ve switched the channel switched on the doorbell from 1-3 and nothing makes any difference.

I raised a case with Arlo but other than posting a Speedtest and telling me to switch to position 3 they haven’t offered anything useful.

It’s getting to the point I was going to cut my losses and send it back.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi laurihold78,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

caeptn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue with the chime crackling. As if the sound needed to be download from a very poor internet connection every time it plays.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation